Dunkirk walleye

We took 2nd and the 1st place Calcutta money. Fished west of Catt off center road ran 3 7 colors and 3 8 colors with husky jerks on 7. Rynowsky on 8 color. Only caught 6 walleye we could wiegh. We caught around 70 walleye plus Friday and Saturday. 50 to 60 ft with walleye coming off bottom in 75 degree water. Crazy amounts of a sheep some which were giants. 

• Like 4

Ran a 10 color lead with 30 feet of mono 15 lb with worm harness. When I pulled the line the mono seemed stretched and twisted. Any advice on what's best for leaders and lb

Sent from my SM-G955U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

I run Sampo swivels, they are made right in Utica NY and are real high quality or you can run a very small spro swivel between your leadcore and your leader. They are strong and will fit through your guides easily

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

We use 20 lb big game or P-Line for  our leaders on all lead core rods. At end of leader is a #2 duolock snap. About 6-7 ft up the leader is a 35 lb spro power swival. Its real tiny. This setup works good for stickbaits. If running a harness the duolock snap is replaced with a ball bearing swivel. The 20 lb is more durable and less likely to twist then 15 lb. Don't think line shyness is much of a factor that far away from boat. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Justin Emerling said:

Ran a 10 color lead with 30 feet of mono 15 lb with worm harness. When I pulled the line the mono seemed stretched and twisted. Any advice on what's best for leaders and lb

Sent from my SM-G955U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Use a “Luhr Jensen Les Davis Plastic Rudder”.   Prevents the line from twisting. Attach to your main line and run a leader to your harness or spoon. You’ll never have a problem again. Can find them on Fish USA

Saturday- Started in 140 fow a good ways west and trolled in, probably my mistake. Picked up a walleye right away on a diver 90 out. As I worked in sheephead and steelhead...no more walleyes for me👎👎.  Anyone hit em saturday?

• Like 1

Tried bouncing shallow..got a sheepshead and a small small mouth...moved out tried dipseys...boards..lost one off the dipsey in 55 fow then nothing so I  trolled out to 106 feet...I worked the area in front of the Purina.. screen was spotty ..I got the skunk 

• Like 1

report 8-8-20 fished 90-107 fow didnt mark much of anything fished 9-1:00 little east then a little west 1steelhead 7 color one walleye 40 ft rigger hit spoon.all the reports said go to dunkirk but we couldnt find them its been a tuff year for me.we talked to a guy at the launch trolled from the catt to barcelona got 4 eyes fishing is just not like it was last year.still nice to get out but more action wouldnt hurt my feelings at all.

• Like 2

report 8-8-20 fished 90-107 fow didnt mark much of anything fished 9-1:00 little east then a little west 1steelhead 7 color one walleye 40 ft rigger hit spoon.all the reports said go to dunkirk but we couldnt find them its been a tuff year for me.we talked to a guy at the launch trolled from the catt to barcelona got 4 eyes fishing is just not like it was last year.still nice to get out but more action wouldnt hurt my feelings at all.

Thanks for report it definitely has been tough this year but still is fun

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App
  • Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics