Dunkirk walleye

23 minutes ago, Erie rookie said:

Fished 9:00-1:30 today. 1 walleye on harness in 60’. Anybody having luck? Heading back out tonight

It could be the timing. I know a lot of guys catch fish mid-day,  but I have my best luck the first 2 and last 2 hours of daylight.  I'll be out tonight around 6:30.  Good luck.  

23 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Hi Rookie, are you marking very many fish where you are fishing? If you do not see many marks keep looking for them. I won't fish an area if I am not marking fish.  

I STRONGLY second that..... I don't set rods until I find fish Period! the only caveat might be if I see a pack of boats with nets coming out. Then they have already told fish are present. Don't waste your time trolling on a blank/white screen

We came out of Dunkirk sunday for first time this year. We were only boat to go east out of harbor. Had a 2nd hand report of eyes in the Hill area NE in 55-60 fow. Lumpy 2-3s out of west. Got there set up didn't like what we saw. Had temp in 70's right down to the bottom. No picture. Headed for nearest deep water NW of the Hill about 3 miles. WE call it the ditch. Set up in 95 fow trolling east with waves. We started picking away at them at 90 fow. Dipseys # 2 out 130, 7 colors with sticks off boards on 1 side. other side 10 colors off boards with sticks. WE had a thermal cline down about 65 ft. We ended up with 12 eyes. We were in front of center road when we finished in about 65 fow. Good luck to everyone in the Shootout!!!

• Like 2

We came out of Dunkirk sunday for first time this year. We were only boat to go east out of harbor. Had a 2nd hand report of eyes in the Hill area NE in 55-60 fow. Lumpy 2-3s out of west. Got there set up didn't like what we saw. Had temp in 70's right down to the bottom. No picture. Headed for nearest deep water NW of the Hill about 3 miles. WE call it the ditch. Set up in 95 fow trolling east with waves. We started picking away at them at 90 fow. Dipseys # 2 out 130, 7 colors with sticks off boards on 1 side. other side 10 colors off boards with sticks. WE had a thermal cline down about 65 ft. We ended up with 12 eyes. We were in front of center road when we finished in about 65 fow. Good luck to everyone in the Shootout!!!

Been marking fish also great reporting

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

Sorry for the late post, but took a while to get back to the site.

Fished 7/8 evening, only 2 keepers at dusk. Both on harnesses. 

Fished 7/9 morning, kept 7 with two 25".  Lost fish 2 as well.  40 to 55 FOW west was best.  6 came on harnesses.  10 AM to 11 AM was best.

Fished 7/10 morning - 2 boats, kept 15.  60 to 65 FOW west was best.  All on spoons and lipped cranks.

Not great fishing but not bad.  Screen was pretty full at times, but could not get them to go.  Not many guys out.  Will be back on 7/30.  Good luck to those headed out.

• Like 3

Jimski2,

When was the last time you were out that way and marked fish?

Word has it that the migrating school was around Erie, Pa last week.  

Have you heard (or seen on your screen) anything to back that claim up?

George

Jim,

After reading what I wrote, I decided to edit it by adding that I don't want to

come across as antagonistic....I was referring to the claims of the fish being 

West of Dunkirk and Barcelona, not referring to what you may have marked.

Edited by GeoChand
mistake

Jimski2,
When was the last time you were out that way and marked fish?
Word has it that the migrating school was around Erie, Pa last week.  
Have you heard (or seen on your screen) anything to back that claim up?
George

Jim,
After reading what I wrote, I decided to edit it by adding that I don't want to
come across as antagonistic....I was referring to the claims of the fish being 
West of Dunkirk and Barcelona, not referring to what you may have marked.

We will see today. I am going by the past thirty years at this high water temperature .

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics