Walleye Barcelona

Sorry about the late report but that trip gets harder every year {5 hours one way} Fished Saturday and Sunday in 50 to 65 fow the fleet was a little east so we went west just past the perch nets  2 man limit in 3 hrs on Saturday and 1 hr on Sunday running four rods dipsey's on a 3 setting out 90' and 100' downriggers  22' and 32' all worm harnesses anything with gold or copper .. So all you guys that live 4 5 or 6 hrs away and always wanted to fish Erie the good old days are right now !!! 

• Like 2

Fished from 730am-930am. 6 in the box, lost 1 at the boat, 1 short thrown back, 1 rock bass. All on hammerd copper/watermelon, or hammerd copped/orange. Dipsy 3 setting 90 back, 40 jet 100 back. We stayed close to the marina 60ft. Lost a few when id be sending 1 back out and we would get a hit. All fish 17"-20".

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

I want to come up and give it a try out of Barcelona. What's the launch like on weekends, crazy busy or what? I usually like to fish weekdays as I'm retired, but it looks like I may have to travel on a Friday and fish Sat thru Weds. Do you need a pass or is there a drop box to pay or what? Hoping I can find a nice campground nearby. Thanks!

I want to come up and give it a try out of Barcelona. What's the launch like on weekends, crazy busy or what? I usually like to fish weekdays as I'm retired, but it looks like I may have to travel on a Friday and fish Sat thru Weds. Do you need a pass or is there a drop box to pay or what? Hoping I can find a nice campground nearby. Thanks!
Daily pay...launch is ok I haven't had any issues ....camp ground in Ripley lakeside campground probably 15 min south of launch....north east launch is in pa is free and is 2 min from that campground. Good luck

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Daily pay...launch is ok I haven't had any issues ....camp ground in Ripley lakeside campground probably 15 min south of launch....north east launch is in pa is free and is 2 min from that campground. Good luck

That’s where I stay and I go out of Northeast. It is about 20 feet from from Pa line.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Got one out of 18 on a renoskis today. I am pretty sure that I just can’t run both sticks and harnesses together on my boat.  Going to have to be one or the other.

Don't run a straight line keep making S curves to speed up the outside and slow down inside Lines at a speed of about 2 mph on GPS

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

I see 11 -12 MPH winds out of the N.E. Friday to Sunday. Gusts to 18 MPH. Then rain Monday. How do you think a Lund Alaskan 1600 would fair. Seems to me they always under estimate winds. I have a handicapped wife, so I can't let her get beat up  by wind and waves. 7 hours trip one way for us also.  thanks!

1 hour ago, Shellback said:

I see 11 -12 MPH winds out of the N.E. Friday to Sunday. Gusts to 18 MPH. Then rain Monday. How do you think a Lund Alaskan 1600 would fair. Seems to me they always under estimate winds. I have a handicapped wife, so I can't let her get beat up  by wind and waves. 7 hours trip one way for us also.  thanks!

I'm also a Shellback, crossed the line four times. I have a 16.5 boat and quite a bit of experience on the water, I regularly go out 10 - 12 miles or more out of Port Colborne. You're pushing it on Lake Erie once the wind reaches 18 mph. 

I spend 2 weeks in June and 2 weeks in Sept on the south shore of the St Lawrence in Gananoque. The river is pretty wide there, and if there's wind out of the S.W. it can get pretty rough. I'm thinking wind out of the N.E. is going to create the same conditions on the north shore of Erie. Thanks for the responses.

Weather underground looks for this weekend?

This morning I see gusts to 20 MPH Friday, and then the wind lays down for Sat and Sun, but thunder storms Sat and rain Sun. I hate weather men!  Guaranteed if I stay home the weather will have been ok to fish. I'll wait and see what develops today and be ready to shove off if it look good.

• Like 2

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics