Where have the minnows gone??

Took the wife out Perch fishing. Went to the river to dip some emeralds and none to be found.  Only minnow to be had is Goldies uggg.  What is happening to our lake?   Never have I not been able to get minnows by either buying at Russ's or spending 2 min tossing a net and getting a bucket full.  All my haunts were void of bait. Seriously I know Comorants are a major Pain but have they devastated the food source this bad?   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Coleman lanterns were used to attract minnows around our boat to catch "Blue Pike" in 55 degree waters in mid June. the blue pike disappeared with the smelt that dominated the lake until Canadian Trawlers cut down the smelt numbers  to allow the return of walleye and bass. The Blue Pike were listed as exterminated after the late 1050's

14 hours ago, Jimdski said:

Kalitta Airlines was formed when "747" air freighters were transporting the smelt to Asian nations for food for the people living there. Containers loaded with ice and smelt were loaded from deck cranes and fork lift trucks to expedite the delivery of fresh fish.

NGL I have heard about using Coleman lanterns to attract minnows, but doing so to catch Blue Pike in cooler waters is fascinating!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics