Walleye Walleye page 2017

Out of SP this am. 2-3 footers built to 6+ by 0800. Thought best to head in as first mate was chumming the water. Before blown off, marked plenty in 55-60 fow straight off Evangola all sucked to the bottom. Sure thought we would have seen more fish up. Tight lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

Each fishermen has his own preference,I usually only keep the smaller eyes to eat and put back the bigger ones.But you also can't always successfully release walleye brought up from deep water fast,so they become part of the box.When Tourney fishing the big eyes go in the box and little eyes get released,if they can be,if not I live with them mixed in my daily limit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 3

We don't throw any back and the back strap on a big one taste wonderful tossed in butter with fresh garlic. They just have to be cleaned properly. Anything with eggs in it now is not waiting to spawn. If I am correct sometimes the females won't drop there eggs when conditions are not right and they end up not droping at all. 

• Like 7

22 hours ago, waverammer said:

did you let her go?
If not you're not a SPORTSMEN

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Seriously? Unless she was dripping eggs you have no way of knowing! I don't eat fish and release all that aren't harmed or my friends & family don't want to eat. That's MY choice, not yours! All anglers should have the right to take a daily limit! Don't think that you have the right to tell others how to fish. Game laws & creel limits are set for a reason!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RD9 said:

We don't throw any back and the back strap on a big one taste wonderful tossed in butter with fresh garlic. They just have to be cleaned properly. Anything with eggs in it now is not waiting to spawn. If I am correct sometimes the females won't drop there eggs when conditions are not right and they end up not droping at all. 

Now last year for hunting I released all the big bucks by letting them walk right by me because the bow is shaking in my hand so hard and by the time I shoot im a mess. Little buck walks by me I can kill him every time. QDM I call it. I let the big ones die of old age so they can travel to farms and impregnate your does. I even grow food for them when the big ones come back. 

No worries as I am a true sportsman. 

• Like 1

All the male dairy cows are castraited and made into steers. After eighteen months they are made into tender steaks and other meals. Old dairy cows are made into "canners" and turned into baloney, hot dogs and burgers. The good eaters are the young bucks.

16 minutes ago, jimski2 said:

All the male dairy cows are castraited and made into steers. After eighteen months they are made into tender steaks and other meals. Old dairy cows are made into "canners" and turned into baloney, hot dogs and burgers. The good eaters are the young bucks.

There the best when you can't even see there horns. 

• Like 2

Ok sorry of topic last few post. We fished the southtowns out of dunkirk never had many great days. Consistent catches of three and four fish trips. All with no real setup/pattern. Our fish came deeper then anticipated. 7, 10 color and riggers on spoons. We are dw spoon junkies on riggers. Our biggest eye was little over 9lbs caught 65 ft down over 70 ft in front of Stacks little east. Last day I went to DJ's on north / south depth change. There were fish marked but bite was tough. I talk to lots of different guys and bite was tough out of Cat and Dunkirk whole week from what I've heard. 

• Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics