Walleye Walleye page 2017

Lots of floating debris along the walls last night. Put one in the cooler. Stopped and cast for a bit with a clacking rap and got a nice sheepshead. Man they fight. Marked a ton of fish in 20-30 fow but the waves played havoc on the planner boards. Moon rise was cool.  Blood red. Water was 64°.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zadvorney said:

Lots of floating debris along the walls last night. Put one in the cooler. Stopped and cast for a bit with a clacking rap and got a nice sheepshead. Man they fight. Marked a ton of fish in 20-30 fow but the waves played havoc on the planner boards. Moon rise was cool.  Blood red. Water was 64°.

Saw that moon. Was amazing. Fished out of SP boxed three none big enough to weigh.  Tried everything 

• Like 1

Fished between the cat and silver creek 45-60 ft. Marked most fish off of structure in 50 ft. Water temp on surface was 67 and down at 50ft it was 61. Boxed 3 the biggest was 8 lbs. all on harness's. Trolled at 1.8. When north wind kicked up about 3:00 changed bottom temp to 57 and we started to mark less fish and called it a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 2

Fished SP yesterday from sun up till noon. We lost a big one on a dipsy and worm harness, but that was it. Tried 45_ 65 fow didn't make much, but the majority seemed to be in 50. Still a beautiful day.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

I fished sturgeon Monday from 11-3 and only got one 22" eye and lost two others. Barely marked any fish at all. We tried 45-55' with harnesses and sticks. Only bites were on harnesses

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

We trolled from east of Meyers reef to west of Sturgeon Point, 50 to 45 foot of water, with sixlines and harnesses and stickbaits. One 24 inch walleye and a 26 inch sheep head both taken on a Renosky stickbaits. Northeast winds and high clouds. Just another tough day out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 1

jimski2,that was a tough bite.I have not been out the last couple days because of meetings with NY Parks & U.S. Coast Guard. But being down by the SBH Launch I got to talk to a few fishermen that were having their catch of eyes measured by the NSDEC.Those with limits were bottom bouncing with harnesses at slow speeds of 1.2 to 1.3 mph in 35 ft depths off Hamburg.Most of the eyes were of the 2 to 3 lb good eating size.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics