leadcore set ups

I'd go with 2 5s, 1 3 and 1 7.

I have a 5, 7, 10 and 4 that was a 5 but got snagged and lost some when I was too shallow. I use the 5s most of the time. I added the 7 last year and have not used it much. Also depends on how you plan to use them. With a 3 you can add snap weights to get deeper or if you have a 7 or 10 that doesn't mean you need to let out all 7 or 10 colors.

• 2 weeks later...
Like fishmaster said 35 ft, assume 5ft per color depending on speed.
Can't think of the knot name but put the mono or floro inside the sheath of the leadcore after taking some lead out and use over hand knot on mono side and lead core side.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Willis knot

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

How deep are you fishing when you use 7 color?

Also depends which kind of lead core you use.
Regular is 5' / color. Dacron sheath.
Suffix 8/32 Advanced Core will go down 7' / color. Smaller diameter and sheath is made of 8/32 Braided line not Dacron.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Fantastic so simple yet effective.
How do you attach it to the dipsey diver?
Thanks for any help

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Leadcore is used to get your bait to a desired depth, without a diving device added.
Dipseys are to be used on Mono, Braid or Steel Line. The Dipsey is used to achieve the desired depth by adding line out the more you let out.
Using the two together would be useless and trouble, as the diver is doing all the work, and lead would be doing nothing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I believe the willis knot only works with mono and fluorocarbon (leader end). I have never tried it with braid  backer because I prefer mono backer but I think braid inside lead core will slip.  Any body out there disagree ?

Edited by Puking Dog
typo

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics