Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Launched on Sunday for the year. Was greeted by a underwater city launch. We went out for perch for a short bit outside of Dunkirk and failed to find them. There are some walleyes around, but the fog was terrible on Sunday. Wanted to just get the boat out and in order for the year. If you plan to launch at Dunkirk and there is a west wind see the photo below. Bring waders or wear sandles. Water is in the mid 50's.

IMG_0335.JPG

• Like 1

I noticed a water temp change from Saturday to Sunday.  Saturday the temp was 58.5 degrees 35ft down.  Sunday it was anywhere from 50 to 54 degrees 35 ft down.  We boated 28 in 6 hours Saturday and 12 in 6 hours Sunday.

• Like 2

Sunday was awful, we struggled off of Dunkirk to put any in the box while we heard reports of others boxing out easily, even though we had identical setups and speed. I am not sure if thefish were in tight pods or not but it seemed we were not able to connect like others did trolling in the same water, frustrating for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 2

Good haul ghauser. Yeah Sunday we committed to the wrong area for sure. Not my call but we gave it hell. West of Dunkirk was not productive for us. Looking forward to Saturday.

Sunday was awful, we struggled off of Dunkirk to put any in the box while we heard reports of others boxing out easily, even though we had identical setups and speed. I am not sure if thefish were in tight pods or not but it seemed we were not able to connect like others did trolling in the same water, frustrating for sure.

I Know the feeling. That's why I started waiting for late July to shift to Erie walleyes.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Fantastic Fishing-Horrible catching. Started at 6am till 1200. marked a lot of fish, but didnt catch nothing. Tried mono dipseys, boards and nothing made em bite bht we marked up like crazy. Nice day to be on the water, just s littke disappointed.

Sent from my LM-X210CM using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Fished just west of Catt. Managed 3 fish as soon as I got out there in 55 ft about 730. Fishes til 1030 and marked a ton but only one other bite that didn’t hang on. 2 on sticks one on harness. Talked to the guy at the ramp he said not a lot of big catches the last few days. Hopefully after this coming weeks warm up it’ll be on!

Same here, and out of the Catt headed west towards Dunkirk, got 2, marking fish all the time no biters. Talked to a guy at the cleaning station and he said he was shallow 30-45 and found some willing to bite.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Out of Dunkirk on 6/22.  Kept 5 

Same here, we were out at the Catt trolled all the way to Purnia kept 5 as well. Lots of marks just not ready yet for the July bite but things are staging up nicely!

Out today also, took three lost one at boat. Largest was 7lbs, wife got him. Also a couple nice perch and a bunch of sheephead. Out of the Catt, trolled west towards Dunkirk pulling 3 and 4 color in 50-55, worm harnesses.

Lots of debris out there today, nice day though. Hopefully this warmer weather sticks and we get into the good July bite.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Lake Erie United Mobile App

I wasn't able to fish this weekend but I heard the winning box from the Rob Ray tourney out of Dunkirk was hefty, but only half of 31 boats weighed in. They always seem to be out there somewhere🤔🤔🤔🤔