What upgrades Do You have planed for this season?

stiksave

I'm adding LED lighting to the inside rear of the boat for night trolling, and upgrading to a Hummingbird Helix 5 DI-gps. Another thing we're adding a tie rod to the kicker off of the main engine to make steering while trolling less of a pita. 

I just installed LEDs Wednesday around the inside and was happy with how they turned out. Your going to enjoy the Helix 5. I got the sonar-gps model last year and love it, you just have to make sure that you go through the disc that comes with it and take notes, or take your laptop out to the boat with you and go through it. I'm looking to add a 24 gallon tank, and another set of trolling rods so we can run an 8-9 rod spread this year since we mastered 6 last year.

I'm going to put a new lower shift cable on this week. I added two more lights to my rocket launcher so they shine on my boards, I added that 4" reflector tape that my father in law got from Pendot that they require for the big trucks, I even put it on my flag. I don't really need more gadgets. I put my 700 series on the dog coop for the rigger guys and of course my elite 7HDI I have mounted up front. I have a center light to shine on the back.

• Like 1

Well, I sold my 25' hardtop and bought a 2001 Superfisherman 196 in February. I bought two new cannon mag 5's, 48" of track for each side, swivel mounts for the riggers, underwater lights for the stern, replaced the courtesy lights with blue LED's, replacing the bow nav lights with 12" LED's, four new med light rods and size 20 reels for Browns and eyes, and a bunch of walleye/ brown tackle. After a few trips out, and working out some bugs I will need two new batteries for the terrova, and will be replacing the steering with hydraulic (hopefully I can get through the season).

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• 2 weeks later...

There is always something....

New to me boat last season.....so found out I need more holders on the Great Lakes Planners rocket launcher, 3rd rigger base down the chute for spring in Wilson, redo seat bases, and add some cockpit area lights....and a new forward shoot thru.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Installed new to me  Big Jon rod holders, made up a bunch of worm harnesses, got some new Rapala & other stick bait lures. Made up some new LC lines of different lengths on reels ready to go.   I refuse to buy new lures at $8 - $10 a piece So I plan on rotating my 20 year old ones(5 tackle boxes full) back into the game.  They worked back then , they got to work now!  lol.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I added a new 115 Mercury 4-stroke to replace my older 1974 Mercury 1150, replaces all lights and bearing on the old trailer, added trolling motor sonar (Helix 5) in the bow, upgraded both batteries, put 19" LCD 12V TV in the rear of the boat connected to my Hummingbird 858HD DI for better viewing while trolling, repositioned my Big Jon's and added swivel mounts.

Heading to Lake O for a few days in a week, and then will hit Erie most weekends. Lakers are heating up !! Wife says I am done for 10 years.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics