Buffalo Walleye report

31 minutes ago, MyTurn said:

Correct. I always run a 2 color and a 3 color on the riggers and park both balls about 15 feet above my target depth. Very effective even in shallow (30 to 35 feet).

Seems silly to me. Why would you do this unless you r short on number of rods on board. Unless you think the balls r scaring away the fish. I suppose that's possible, but I doubt it. Surely mono or fluoro are less visible than lead. I think I have to call BS on this tactic.

Pretty tough day for us out of SP today. We ran to the line at Pt. Abino, and scanned going East...... not seeing much until about 1 - 2 miles from "the elbow"...... there, we trolled for a couple hours and never took a hit, seeing occasional marks down 45 - 50...... but we did see a few taken BBing. At about 10 we ran back towards the launch, stopping at Myers where we took 2 fish BBing......... so roughly 5 hours for 2 walleyes and a couple sheepies......The marina at SP was like a ghost town. Sad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Puking Dog said:

Seems silly to me. Why would you do this unless you r short on number of rods on board. Unless you think the balls r scaring away the fish. I suppose that's possible, but I doubt it. Surely mono or fluoro are less visible than lead. I think I have to call BS on this tactic.

The cores have about 15 feet of flouro leader puke. Last 2 trips limits in a few hours, quality fish 23-24 inchers with a 28 and a 29 thrown in.  More than half off the riggers. Don't understand why you feel the need to bag on other people's methods, I really don't give a flying you know what how you fish, go have fun.

• Like 1

Correct. I always run a 2 color and a 3 color on the riggers and park both balls about 15 feet above my target depth. Very effective even in shallow (30 to 35 feet).

I going try this I like the action of lead core

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

28 minutes ago, rvan said:

I going try this I like the action of lead core

Me too, i've always thought the riggers would work well for walleye in erie. How  does the release work with the leadcore. 

Me too, i've always thought the riggers would work well for walleye in erie. How  does the release work with the leadcore. 

I’m going to run out leadcoe then attach to backer. I have ran snap weights to lead core using rigger Will be less quessing

11 hours ago, Puking Dog said:

I haven't tried it for walleye but I can say it works for salmon on Ontario. Yes, mono and fluoro are less visible but it's the action that leadcore gives to baits that makes it effective.

TUFF DAY ON TUESDAY. WE STAYED INSIDE PICKED UP 2 AT N GAP. WENT OUTSIDE ALONG CANADIAN LINE SAW A BIG PACK OF BOATS 45 -50' TROLLED FOR 3 1/2 HOURS OUT THERE THEN BACK TOWARDS WINDMILLS NOT A WALLEYE BITE MARKED VERY FEW FISH ON OR NEAR BOTTOM. I DO HAVE A QUESTION I HAVE A LOWARANCE HD TOUCH IT'S A GOOD UNIT. I CONTINUALLY I MEAN CONTINUALLY NO MATTER WHERE I GO SEE ORANGE MARKS 20 TO 30 FEET DOWN. I USALLY BOTTOM BOUNCE SO NOT GOOD AT CATCHING HIGH UP FISH. SO ARE THOSE FISH OR AIR BUBBLE MARKS OR SOMETHING ELSE???

THX, YOU MAY BE RIGHT BUT ONE I NOT SURE IF A THEMOCLINE HAS SET UP IN THE LAKE YET AND I AM NO EXPERT ON THEMOCLINES? THE OTHER THING IT'S BEEN PRETTY WINDY FOR ALMOST WEEK OUT THERE DOESN'T WIND AFFECT A THEMOCLINE? WHEN I HAVE SEE A THEMOCLINE IT WAS A SOLID RELATIVLY NARROW LIGHT GREY LINE OFF OF THE BOTTOM. HOWEVER WHEN I MARK FISH NEAR THE BOTTOM THEY THEY ARE VARIOUS SHAPES WITH AN ORANGE COLOR. WHILE THERE IS THERE IS QUITE A FEW RANDOM GREY LINES ETC THAT KINDA LOOK LIKE INTERFERENCE OR SOMETHING. MY UNIT IS SET FOR AUTO EVERYTHING.  IF THOSE ORANGE MARKS ARE FISH UP THERE HIGH ON A BRIGHT WINDLESS SUNNY DAY THERE ARE LOTS OF THEM!!!??? I SEE THOSE MARKS EVERYTIME I GO OUT.  PS: IF THEIR WALLEYES THEY MUST BE WEARING SUNGLASSES TOO. IT WAS SUPER SUNNY 2 DAYS IN A ROW AND DEAD CALM UNTIL 1 PM ON TUESDAY. LOL I WOULD APPRECIATE ANYONES INPUT.

We also had traditional chirp returns up high on Tuesday in the same area. I think it was mostly bait, but I'm positive they weren't fish. I had a second sonar unit(Panoptix) on board Tuesday to compliment traditional chirp, and the Panoptix never showed fish up high, off the sides of the boat.

We also saw a lot of insect "carcasses" floating on the surface....... I'm not sure if they were from mayflies or from what type of insects, but some of those returns could have been insects coming to the surface.

Fished the inner harbor today, still alot of walleye in there. A Lot of shorts but you can limit on eaters (15-20) if ya stick with it. I limited out by 11am. Trolling worm harness on b bouncers worked best.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics