Catt. 2023 Reports

• 2 weeks later...

Went out for perch today off the Catt, found some in 62 fow between the windmill & Evangola State Park. Ended up with 60 on salted emeralds. The guys next to us with live Golden shiners from Miller's did well also. We ran out of bait & headed back to the creek, had an early start to cleaning. It was a calm lake out there today. 

IMG_3282.jpeg

IMG_3283.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/22/2023 at 10:02 PM, Stillwater said:

I was out of the Catt this evening 4 till 8. Managed 4 keepers 15 to 22 inches. 1 short, 7 white bass, 1 perch. Had a good eye bite that cut the harness clean off. A little bumpy. Northeast wind and close together waves. Nice evening.

Four keepers in a few hours is a productive outing. Whatspecfic bait or lures were you using to target them?

Hi Seasculpin, that day I believe I was trolling with 2 leadcore rods in the 60 to 68 fow range. All crawler harnesses that day. Gold with orange and VMC firetiger if I recall correctly. I didn't expect the wind to be as strong that night. More than the forecast. May be making one more attempt tomorrow. If I go I will report.

What a fun trip. Started out perch fishing with only worms in 55 feet. caught 12r 15 only 2 jumbos. A 7 pounder and a 5 pounder on a black hair jig and worm.At noon We pulled the plug and headed out deep for walley. Started in 83 feet heading West caught fish right away 40 feet down long a bomber Tipped with worm downriggers and dipsy. Quit at 2 o'clock ended up with 7 Nothing under 4 pounds.IMG_1969(1).jpgIMG_1972.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

Fished Wednesday from 7:30 to 10:30. Set up in about 60feet a half mile away from the pack of boats. Never had to move, constant action, and fishing ridiculously easy. Even caught a few on bare hooks. Caught a bonus small walleye. Putting boat up for winter though great walleye reports making me want to go after them. 

IMG_0407.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

WALLEYES are available now. In the Niagara River casting Rapala stickbaits. In the open lake with side planers and weighted 2 ounce snap sinkers or lead core trolling the regular stickbaits and worm harnesses. Also western shallow water snap jigs on the bottom while drifting jigs and small Rapala bottom jigs or feather jigs. The lower Niagara river is yielding Rainbow and Brown trout off shore reaches with spinners, egg sacs and emeralds. View Western Charter Boat video methods to pick up how they fish the shallow waters there in the winter and spring fishing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimdski said:

WALLEYES are available now. In the Niagara River casting Rapala stickbaits. In the open lake with side planers and weighted 2 ounce snap sinkers or lead core trolling the regular stickbaits and worm harnesses. Also western shallow water snap jigs on the bottom while drifting jigs and small Rapala bottom jigs or feather jigs. The lower Niagara river is yielding Rainbow and Brown trout off shore reaches with spinners, egg sacs and emeralds. View Western Charter Boat video methods to pick up how they fish the shallow waters there in the winter and spring fishing. New York State Walleye regulations in the spring to protect walleye spawning will drive you to Ohio and Pennsylvania waters.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics