Catt. 2023 Reports

This was not my first time out, but the first time I posted this year. We got to Miller's by 645 am & he was out of worms, so we had to run down to the Rez. We started around 53 fow, but it got too crazy with all the boats so we headed out to 56-57. When the wind turned out of the north, we trolled west towards Dunkirk. We had a lot of action. We returned 6-7 shorts, probably about 8 silver bass, 1 perch, a huge sheephead, but we got our 2 man limit in about 5 hours. When we were breaking down, we were dragging 2 that were returned. We caught more on riggers 5' off the bottom, but the dipsies on 3 setting at 130 did well also. Purple, lime green, & copper worked the best. A fun day on the water. 

IMG_3260.jpeg

• Like 2

Congratulations! Did you drift with bouncers or troll?
We trolled with Hernandez's spoons and stickbates with very limited luck the first 2 hours. Then about 15 minutes before the wind switch we decided to bottom bounce in 55 feet of water and smash them right away it was a freaking fire drill when the 2 footers started !!!!!!!HAD A BALLLLLL

Sent from my SM-G970U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

We trolled, thought about bottom bouncing but too lazy to change everything over.

Fished 70-80. Got 6 fish on dipsy 2 setting 115 out. Green frog spoon. Three on rigger also frog spoon 45 down. Final three on 10 color purple chartreuse red stick, all three around 6lb.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• 2 weeks later...

Fished yesterday from 2 till sunset. Got a nice 24 inch 5 pounder in 48 fow. Thought it would be a good day. Only got 2 more and 1 perch. Stayed shallower in 48 to 62 fow using harnesses and leadcore. Oh well beautiful evening. Snagged something on bottom that broke my leadcore. Never did that out their before. A few guys I talked to did limits. One shallow and one in 80 fow.

• Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics