Buffalo 2023

Good luck to everyone fishing the derby! We’ll be trailering this year. Due to proximity and Sturgeon being closed we will likely be out of Buffalo most of the season. Hoping to get back to Sturgeon next year! I will post up my reports here and if anyone is interested in sharing please do the same. Tight lines!!

• Like 3

Moved some rods today. Landed at 27” but it only weighed 5lbs. Landed 10+ eyes today throwing back several 17’s, also took some smallies, several drum, and some white perch. A good day overall.

In 38 FOW near the round house we did snag something with one of the downriggers. Not sure what it was, I don’t recall seeing anything on the graph but……. It’s there and it’s not moving! We were able to clear it by driving back over it in the opposite direction. Did not expect that at all.

Did most of our work in 40FOW, downriggers, lead cores and long lines all tool fish. Lots of boats, sounds like some really good fish were weighed today. For the brief moments we flirted with the pack everyone seemed to be getting along.

Around 4:30p we were at the weigh station and some joker came barreling through with a rear flat on a Ford Raptor. Shortly after a fella in a Black Grand Cherokee came through looking for the Raptor. Not sure what the story was, anyone else see it or have any insight? IMG_5926.JPGIMG_0878.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks for sharing. We were also out on Sunday, slow , but moved some rods, ended the day with 5 in the box, biggest was 26.5 “. 35 - 40 out of the South gap. All fish came on harnesses. Downriggers and long lines a bottom bouncer caught most fish, silver bass, perch and some healthy Sheephead.
We are not in the tournament
70818484203__5CE4E8E9-0295-4256-AFA4-9247572BD677.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Went out this morning from 6:30 - 11:30.  Caught 1 eye within the first half hour, thought is was going to be a good day.  Boy was I wrong.  Never moved a rod for the next 2.5 hours, got 1 more eye, and that was it.  VERY SLOW, didn't mark many fish, trolled all the way from just off the windmills to the condos (approximately as I was foggy), and back, from 35 ft - 50 ft.  Caught both on harnesses.

• Like 1

Slapshot thanks for your report. Sure wish we had more reports on this site. We went to Barcelona on Fathers day based on a good report. Fish were right out front approx 80 fow. Just what I was told. Ended with 13 eyes and a steelhead in the box.Lost 6 or 7 due to over excited kids on rods. Alll Sticks. Five color was best off boards. The usual colors, northern lights, fire tiger, pink lemonaide . gonna hit it again tomorrow. Would really like to see some good reports coming from closer to Buffalo.  Come on guys lets help each other out !!

• Like 3

Went back to Barcelona again. this Sunday. Pretty much right in front again . Little bit east and then alittle west. Caught eyes in the 60's,70's ,80's and even out to 90fow. Five color rods off one side and seven colors on the other side with inline boards. Hot baits were bomber northren lights,and Storm tequilla glow. We were boxed out by noon with a couple extra eyes that came in on the breakdown. Extra eyes went back. Also caught about an 8 lb brown trout. Beautiful day on the lake. Sure wish we could get more sharing on this website. Plenty of Walleye out there for everyone. Why not help each other out? Would like to hear some good reports out of Dunkirk or the Catt. Its to long of a drive to Barcelona from GI.

• Like 5

Out yesterday in about 50' seeing lots of markings. Got 3 nice ones, a nice perch and of course those fighting sheepshead.  Funny thing, got one trolling before my trolling motor batteries were shot (have to deal with that today). But the other 2 larger ones were just off drifting harnesses at about 1mph. I was going out to the border line and drifting in lol. Saw a couple guys with limits. Not sure how long they were out. Bite should pick up soon!20230629_112523.thumb.jpg.78d61101dbfdd695dd7a914fc839a3d0.jpg20230629_151810.thumb.jpg.74bc913e31176a8d4b29e36dd1a81b7a.jpg20230629_112523.thumb.jpg.78d61101dbfdd695dd7a914fc839a3d0.jpg

20230629_073643.jpg

• Like 3

Dunkirk 7/9
In the water at 6:30 , so much for the 1 foot or less and 5 - 10 mph winds. A little wavy but fishable. Ended up with 10, lost at the boat and 1 throw back. Dipsy’s set on 3 out 155 and 8 core, with sticks northern lights and I believe a renosky mirror in brown trout and harnesses on green/ chartreuse and purple/ pink/ blue with a gold back. All fish were healthy between 23” - 26”.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 3

Fished down by the city today from 35 ft to the line stick baits and led did it again got a giant laker just over 30lbs26215.thumb.jpg.5cbabe9af589e4c3a53e8df8e7a83842.jpgIMG_20230708_091138791.thumb.jpg.4c7c1ba17449d432870faf0b910f6140.jpg

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Maybe there no new reports cuz you can't reply to subject. Have to quote on something none relevant. Anyway. W side of seneca and past 45 to 48 holding great eaters 22 24 inch. Fish are high due to mayfly hatch.20230712_154341.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781V using Lake Erie United mobile app

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Big fish Friday was blown out. We headed out this morning in less than desirable conditions. Hit two fish right away out in 70fow on 8 and 10 colors. We found a nice school around noon in 85FOW SW of Dunkirk Harbor. Picked up several more an nice 6lbr and lost a 10lb at the boat. Hit colors were purple/cooper harnesses and spoons. White harnesses brought our biggest fish. Landed 8+ Walleye and a nice perch. Rough day out there. Had we found those fish in 85 earlier I think we could have worked our way to a six fish box. Woulda, coulda, shoulda always next year. Be safe out there fellas and tight lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics