Sturgeon Point sand bar 2/12/2020

The last I heard is the Mayor of Hanover received the funds.Everyone is waiting to see when the funds will be put to use on the repairs!

What happened to all the state money that I read about on this web site that was purported to be available to fix the crappy break wall.
What century is that work scheduled to start ? Or, was that all lip service as usual ?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

At a public hearing on Lake Erie boating, an Oceanographer stated  that Sturgeon Point was the worst location for a marina as  the sand flows along the shoreline like a river and  dredging was futile. A new entrance to deeper water would help somewhat but without a stream of water like Cattaraugus Creek that entrance will silt up also. It was believed that a lot of the sand seeps into the harbor through the breakwater.

• 1 month later...

per J. Mills, Mary H. negotiating with FEMA for funds to repair wall and open Marina, probably will not happen by 15th of May!!!!

I heard yesterday that Sturgeon would not be opening up this year. A friend of mine lives across the street from a town of Evans board member and was told this.

Sent from my LML413DL using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

on april 2 2020 the town of evans received 5 bids from $81600-$126000 for sp dredging I seen that on town of evans web page scroll all the down on the left hand side

jeff

On 4/21/2020 at 11:11 AM, Youngblood said:

1st one that comes to me. How do rivers burn?      https://clevelandhistorical.org/items/show/63

We had oil pollution problems at the Bethlehem Steel Plant in Smoke Creek and the Union Ship Canal. The Smoke Creek oil came when an unidentified employee sawed off the stem shaft of a rising stem valve to make it appear it was closed while it was opened fully. An oil recovery operation was operated for years to help prevent its flow into Lake Erie. Other spills came from employees illegally dumping oil into the water return trenches. That oil was recovered by a small boat crew using a boom and a vacuum truck tanker.  Millions of your tax recovery dollars were spent to control all types of water and air pollution and ended up squandered with the shutdown of our major employer here in WNY.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics