Figure it’s a good time to start a new thread for the new year. After spending the previous season at the Catt, prior to that at Sturgeon Point, I’ve brought the boat home to Buffalo. Rising rates and fuel prices helped make the move home an easy call. Politics at Sturgeon continue to be untenable. Looking forward to having the boat close and more easily accessible! If your out and about and don’t mind sharing please post up your reports, I’ll do the same! Hoping to get the old girl out of storage this week and target a trip soon! Tight lines!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

Nearby Buffalo waters are productive till the lakes water temperature rises above 72 degrees F.  After the Fourth of July the best fishing is west of Sturgeon Point and farther to Silver Creek. Deep waters between Sturgeon Point and Point Abino are easily reached faster in your boat than by automobile. unless you are a bass contest angler Then near shore waters are good almost all year.

Nearby Buffalo waters are productive till the lakes water temperature rises above 72 degrees F.  After the Fourth of July the best fishing is west of Sturgeon Point and farther to Silver Creek. Deep waters between Sturgeon Point and Point Abino are easily reached faster in your boat than by automobile. unless you are a bass contest angler Then near shore waters are good almost all year.

I’m not gonna lie my family is pretty excited for opportunities to catch Outer Harbor Concerts and Downtown fireworks while on the water as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United
  • Like 1

Night walleye fishing last night, not a bump for three hours.  Have I lost my touch?  quit at midnight as did many others, not a good sign.  Has anyone been getting em in the Buffalo end?  Fished inside wall and caught two 4 lb bass on jigs, expected that to be better as well.  Whats up, too early?

• Like 1

Went out Monday night off hamburg and got nine, one six pounder!  More fish toward hamburg launch end for us and we caught  most of them between 11 and 1.  Standard old  black and silver rapalas, were the main ticket in 10-12 ft with a big split shot to take em down a bit.  had a lot of hits with many misses.

• Like 2

I heard there was a way to catch em in the day in May at the 25 tp 30 ft level but never had much luck, now I got some confidence to go give it a try again.  Thanks.  Paper says slime starting to show up in lower river, bar area so night fishing window gonna close soon, nice to have a good second option after the slime and until they get in their summer pattern.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics