Minn Kota trolling motor

Hello I am looking for a used trolling motor being a lake o guy I never had a need for one and know very little about them.. after perching on lake erie my first  time this year I want a trolling  motor that has the anchor feature I don't really care what other features it has (didn't feel right pulling into a pack of boats and dropping anchor) so with that said I would like to know what models have the feature I know I need the I-pilot do I also need this hooked up to a fishfinder? i'm running a 19 foot creastliner with  90 hp and 9.9 kicker and 2 fat guys so there is a bit of weight lol ... Thanks for any and all help !!! (Paul)   should have posted this in this old boat section  I guess

24 volt minn kota terrova with I pilot. I use mine to steer while trolling for kings on Ontario with the main motor as thrust. I also use it to troll sticks at night on Erie for eyes. I get 5-8 hrs depending on current and wind running it full time. Spot lock is great for perching. Should run you about $1500-1800 but it will open up so many different ways to fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

3 hours ago, shinintimes said:

Minn Kota only have two model's ( terrarova and ulterra ) with the anchor feature ? Do they have to be linked to a fishfinder to hold bottom

PowerDrive V2,Riptide ST, Riptide SP,and Riptide Ulterra. All have the IPilot option. Motorguide also has a anchor lock system.

There is a max speed button on my remote. Some times I just turn the head in the direction I want to go and just tap the max speed enough to steer. Another great feature is the autopilot. If it's calm out (1' or less) I can turn auto pilot on and the boat will steer itself in the direction it's set at. Speed is adjustable to about .1 - .2 mph increments

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics