2021 @ “The Catt”

6/17

Started fishing a little before 6a called it around 2p. Put 5 in the box, 1 perch, dropped two at the boat and another 2 on the way to the boat. Waves picked up after 11 or so. Biggest was 24”. One of the drops may have been close to size for the derby but we’ll never know. 42fow held a ton of fish early, then 50-52 seemed best after noon. No pattern other than worm harnesses took fish, sticks only took one. Lots of traffic out there, everyone seemed to be playing nice.

Tight lines everyone. Hope you all have a great Father’s Day. I’m going to try and get my daughters on the youth board Sunday, if I’m lucky maybe I’ll even reel one in!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 6

On 5/7/2021 at 11:31 PM, JustFishin..... said:

Port of call for 2021 is Catt Creek. I hope Evans gets there business squared away and I can call Sturgeon Point home again someday but until then The Catt it is. Hoping to splash next week or the following and shake everything out for the STWA Tournament. Looking forward to a brand new season. I’ll post up here, please post up as well. Tight lines all. Just broke the old girl out yesterday. IMG_2146.JPG

Nice! How do you like your Proline? I've been shopping around for a boat and trying to weigh out all of my options.  For budget reasons I'm probably going to need to get something used, how has yours held up?

Nice! How do you like your Proline? I've been shopping around for a boat and trying to weigh out all of my options.  For budget reasons I'm probably going to need to get something used, how has yours held up?

I love it. I too bought used. Have had it three seasons. Handles like a much bigger boat is a 231WA, has the outboard on a bracket. Handles the waves great, lots of room to walk around. Short on seating though, I have a couple bean bags to use for the kids. Cabin is nice, little sink, I tossed out the stove. Porta potty. Very happy!

50 minutes ago, JustFishin..... said:

I love it. I too bought used. Have had it three seasons. Handles like a much bigger boat is a 231WA, has the outboard on a bracket. Handles the waves great, lots of room to walk around. Short on seating though, I have a couple bean bags to use for the kids. Cabin is nice, little sink, I tossed out the stove. Porta potty. Very happy!

Awesome, thanks for the info! I'll definitely look into them more seriously.  

Went out Sunday with the kids. We launched around 9a and returned a little after 2p. We started around a mile or two west of the Catt in 52FOW and trolled east until evangola then spun around and trolled back. We varied speed from 1.5-2.2, we ran riggers near bottom, 5 colors and 3 colors. All fish came on 5 colors with worm harnesses. Watermelon pattern harness took the biggest a 7.29 @ 27 1/2” with a lamprey attached! We tried 42-60fow never finding anything to stay on. We caught on harnesses purple black, purple pink, and copper pink. Kids reeled everything in, were all smiles and caught a mixed bag of eyes, sheepshead, white bass, and a smallie. Great Father’s Day!

• Like 4

Thanks wow, I rarely troll that fast! Good to know

We caught 15 eyes and kept 10 on fireriger Flicker Minnows & rootbeer black spot yellow belly Bagley RB11 at 2.4 mph on 3 & 4 color Leadcore over 40 ft of water off DJ's Campground east of Barcelona 5.5 miles. Only one at 27" ,others 20 to 23 inches.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Thanks Greg, the Dunkirk bouy reports 65 degrees down to about 52 feet, deeper than that it drops to the 50s, I’m headed out there tomorrow, you may have started fishing out too deep? I’ll post how we do. The weather has not been too stable lately though but it looks like a nice day for a boat ride anyway...,,

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

Took the wife and kids out bottom bouncing off silver creek 48-52 fow .
We managed 2 nice walleye, lost a couple and got our limit of SHEEPHEAD. The fish were there just not aggressive. Saw a lot of what I believe were fresh water shrimp floating dead ,on the surface. Maybe some kind of hatch or something. Think they had been feeding on them?

Sent from my iPad using Lake Erie United

I SAW THOSE FLOATING LEFTOVER SKINS (FOR LACK OF A MORE SCIENTFIC NAME) ON ERIE LAST WEEK LOTS OF THEM  I BELIEVE THEY ARE THE LEFTOVER PRODUCTS OF A MAYFLY HATCH WHICH CAN SLOW THE BITE CONSIDERABLY. SOME FRIENDS OF MINE WENT TO ONEIDA LAKE LAST WEEK AND STAYED SEVERAL DAYS ALMOST A WEEK. THEY TOLD ME BETWEEN THE WEATHER AND THE MAYFLY HATCH THEY ONLY CAUGHT 11 WALLEYES. THEY IT WAS THE WORST WEEK THEY HAVE EVER HAD ON THE LAKE EVER.. FYI

Yeah that sounds about right., we marked lots of fish, which I can usually get them to bite. Water temp and everything else was perfect. I’ll try again later this week. Hopefully they will be hungry by then !

Sent from my iPad using Lake Erie United

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics