Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
garrymny

2020 Cattaruagus Creek Launches

I thought I would start a Topic, place for us to post any Catt Creek reports for 2020. Hopefully, this year will be as good as the last two. Good luck to all. 

• Like 1

Two launches are available, the State Park Launch near the Break water and the Hanover Town launch at the first right turn after the railroad tracks. The marina has a launch also and you can store your boat there to save towing time.

Salted emerald shiners work for perch but I also purchase golden shiners they work some also. Miller's Bait store has whatever minnows are available. I fish with one pole for perch to catch more faster. When you set out three poles you waste a lot of time and bait rebaiting minnows that are stolen from your non hand held lines. Most important is to set one minnow snelled hook close to the sinker as perch are lazy and like to pick off a minnow lying in the mud than rising up to chase higher suspended minnows. 

Most important is to bleed your walleyes and perch immediately in a separate bucket to catch the blood and gurry. This keeps the flesh white during cooking.Then immediately ice your fish since when you catch too many and you are too tired to clean them when you get home. With the immediate icing the fish you are good to go tomorrow with no fish spoilage. Fish in a livewell are subject to spoilage especially when surface water temperatures hit 60 degrees F. or more.

• Like 1

My wife and I fished from 7 - 11:30 on Friday the 22th and got 26 perch . 55 - 60 fow. Surface temp was right around 50F. It was a slow pic the entire morning. Beautiful day though.

Edited by J. Sparrow
  • Like 2

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Topics

Hot Topics