Walleye Day time eyes

Took my two sons out this morning about 9am out of Dunkirk. Day time bite was on today.  All our fish came off three colors of lead with Rynowsky's sticks. I ran Bay Rays but after two years of running Rynowsky's and Rats side by side the Rynowsky's win hands down. Fish were piled up in tight off the reefs. I caught them going 2.2 on GPS using an S turn pattern. I'm sure lots are waiting for water to warm for the day time bite to kick in but that thinking is wrong (old school thinking). Last year we did 100 day time eyes plus in May. Don't get me wrong night time is great but I get sleepy and the kids don't care if you were up all night nor does the boss.  I'll be back at it tommorrow afternoon. 

• Like 1

Well went out Monday from 5 pm to 830 ish. Only four eyes. Really thought we would of got a box full. Water is warming quickly. wont belong before they move out deeper a little. We still marked them in tight but they were up top caught an eye fluttering a rigger and catching one right on the surface. 

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics