The killing of the Great Lakes

After reading the reports of invasive species and all the other threats, I have just about decided to sell it all. I relocated her from the south- my wife's idea, she is from New York- all I read is how bad is and getting worse. I cannot beleive things have gotten this bad. Guess I made a stupid mistake. Anything to change my mind? If all I here is more bad news then I am done . Thought this was a great idea, not so sure about it now

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

The fishing on Erie is hands down world class. It is one of if not the best small mouth bass fishery in the world along with walleye. I would also say the lake trout fishing rival Lake Ontario and might be better. 

I agree with RD9..... if you want to quickly learn the ropes, hire a charter and be specific about what you want to learn when you talk with him.... bottom bouncing, or trolling or night fishing....... but that is absolutely the fastest way to learn the fishery. Otherwise you'll be experimenting until you find something that works, which can take time. The other thing you could do is join a fishing club like the Southtowns Walleye Assn..... 

JMO, but when you think about it, we are living near the best 2 lakes in the country. Lake Ontario for trout & salmon , lake Erie for walleye, perch and bass.  Erie also has some great lake trout but most don't fish for them.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics