2020 Eastern lake Erie walleye report:

Well with everything going on in world, we can look forward to the walleye opener next Saturday. What is everyone's plan if the weather plays nice? Water temp was between 41-42 yesterday outside of buffalo. Big change from last year, dodging ice. For myself I am going to grab some perch during the day and take part in the Hamurg 500 for walleye at night.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

if the water temp warms up I will be in the hamburg 500

jeff

I typically fish east end of Lake Ontario for the opener.. due to covid we are staying home this year. I take my father and my sons so the trip is to risky at this point.. with that said does anyone know if the day bite for walleye can happen outa sbh? May be much for my father and sons to do nite nite.. I am scrambling as to where to fish Saturday.. thanks 

Yes many times. We troll the shallows with sticks out until you can feel them bouncing off the rocks. Then bring them in slightly so they are not getting snagged up. Speed plays a big part, generally anywhere from 2-3mph. You just need to pay attention, on a good night there can be a 100 boats out there in a small area going back and forth. Bright green and orange always work well for us.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

I don't like fishing in the pack I try and stay a little deeper I troll around that 2mph I use smithwicks that dive 4-8 ft in greenish color                                     

jeff

• 2 weeks later...

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics