Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Killerk

Lead Core Preference

Have been using 27# suffix and wondering if y’all have a go to brand/type and why. Just curious if I’m missing the boat on a better product. That’s folks. Tight lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

We use 27 lb traditional leadcore. I've used Suffix, Cabelas, Mason,and Cortland. Can't say anything bad about any of them. Probably don't need 27 lb for eyes but same rods&reels are used for L. Ontario. Have friends using the Micro LC and there pretty happy. Supposedly it runs 30% deeper. I'm kinda invested in the 27 traditional so I'm sticking with it cause it catches tons of fish for us.We use 30lb power pro as backer. About 25ft of P-Line floro line is the leader.Also the terminal end of leader has a #1 duo snap. five feet above the snap is a 35lb spro power swival that prevents line twist. P-Line is 20lb. We pretty much run all stick baits.

I use 12 lb Sufix 838. Idk why but I really like it and fits on my smaller reels just fine. Seems to dive a bit deeper than reg lc but typically only run sticks on it. Leave the harnesses for the dipseys 

I don't fish for Walleye to get a good fight. Just for the good eating. If I want a fight, I go for Salmon on Ontario. Leadcore has done better for me than dipsey and divers. I use 27 lb leadcore on the same rods I use for Salmon.

Lead core for 15/21 inch walleyes

Boring

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.