Small Boat Harbor's Crazy Narrow entrance & exit!!!

MM good job of identifying the issues and finding a positive way to take action. Look for the areas with heaviest and most scuff marks. Example far curb on right turn to exit the parking lot. You got to be a Jedi Knight to get out of there without running over the right curb. Guys/Gals push their cars towards far curb to make Right turn and not hit right curb almost impossible. BIG BRIGHT SIGNS NEEDED to hopefully get people to load their boats in the prep area NOT  in FRONT of the LAUNCH AREA. They should Man UP and DO THE RIGHT THING!! Childish bad behavior STINKS!!!!! 

Yesterday I had a run in with a jerk who had a fancy fishing boat & truck who drove by us in the get ready prep area. Then proceeds to park his boat in the early am right in font of launch and get his boat ready not a pleasure boater but a fellow fisherman. I told he is suppose to make ready in the proper area he got offended and as I walked back from parking he confronted me and started an argument . I go there to fish and enjoy not  argue with inconsiderate idiots. Yes it's easier not to say anything but this old former Marine knows nothing said to these people will just continue there Bad behavior.

2 hours ago, ciscokid said:

I find this website aborning at times had a reply 99% written and it closed and reopened loosing everything and other times it scrolls up on it's own and I have to stop typing and reposition the cursor. Hate it!

I am having the same problem, get half way & it happens then need to start all over again,   I thought it was just me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ciscokid said:

I find this website aborning at times had a reply 99% written and it closed and reopened loosing everything and other times it scrolls up on it's own and I have to stop typing and reposition the cursor. Hate it!

I don't have this problem. I wonder if while you are typing, you are making contact with Mouse pad (on laptop) and moving the cursor down to the bottom and activating the "go to topic listing" or "next unread topic"  or maybe something else  on the screen. Or hitting some other special key or mouse pad function.  I know that if you tap the mouse pad with the cursor positioned on the page outside the text box and then hit the space bar, the page moves all the way up (so you are looking at the bottom of the page).

Sometimes my cursor gets locked so it will only move horizontal or verticle. CTRL/SHIFT gets out of that but I haven't found out what causes that to happen. Another thing that happens sometimes with my laptop is; when I tap on the mousepad, the cursor shoots to the top right corner of the screen. I have to restart the computer by using the mousepad to position the cursor and then click the left click button. That is the only way I have found to get out of that problem.

Edited by muskiedreams

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, there are some design problems and lack of clear signage here, I suggest responding to yours local politicians(mayor, councilman) who represent us to get to the correct agencies to solve these issues. Nothing gets done faster then complaining to a politician prior to an election.

• Like 1

We have to determine where the sales tax from buying our boat, motor and trailers go. Then where our registration fees for our boats and trailers go. Also the sales taxes for our boat and fishing purchase go . Put them all together and there is millions of dollars annually and our not returned to the trailer boat community and businesses. Do not accept the politician who says there are no funds available to construct new ramps.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 1

The SBH is a state owned facility with Liberal politicians ruling the roost in Albany you can bet a dollar to a donut that all those tax dollars go into A GENERAL FUND. So you can kiss the money bye bye for sportsmen and women. It doesn't exist once it gets there!!!! The actual boat slips are owned by a private company. Stop by the SBH office on right side just b4 the cleaning station and talk to the state dude in there if you want results. His Office located just across from parking lot so easy to access. Says people don't show  enough interest in his opinion.

Great Job but all you have to do is look where all the black tire scuff marks are, you don't build or design anything when it's public except for the average person. It's that simple. We all appreciate your help. The exit right to the road is one of the worst the angle is almost impossible to line up. Tight lines. Thx again.

• Like 1

This same situation happened at Edgewater State Park launch in Cleveland, Ohio. Narrow roundabout with high curbs, you had to drive up on the curb with a trailer. Grand opening then a week later, shut it down, tore it all out and started over! What a waste of money, but it’s fixed now! As far as teaching people proper launching etiquette, well that’s never going to happen!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the up date.  Man they sure went OVERBOARD fixing things up I guess a little grinding better than nothing. Pun intended. :)

PS: someone must have stock in a trailer tire company. It's far from done. "a desk is a dangerous place from which to drive a trailer" I think the guy who designed it a won't completely improve it should be nick named "SCUFFY"

Trouble was is that they put some rigs through a drive through of road ways to see where one would hit curbs if going at posted speeds,not one pulled boat hit a curb.Only place that was close was leaving parking lot turning onto departure road,there they ground away the curve.Now we can only hope that during busy times they will control how many rigs they allow to tow into launch ramp area at any one time.Never should let in anymore then Open Launch Ramps,have others wait in line behind pay booth.There were times that a dozen rigs were trying to launch at the same time,bottle necking anyone trying to retreive,because they launched on all ramps at same time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

I was there a couple weeks ago, first time in several years,  with my 18' on a single axle. Although I was aware of the issue and was careful to swing wide enough through turns, I did not scrub any of the curbs. I did have to swing out wide on the exit to make sure to clear the curb which I think you are saying they ground down.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics