Walleye New Fishing Report for Walleye

• 2 months later...
On February 23, 2016 at 11:28 AM, BSmaster said:

21 days to go in NY.

20 days in PA.

Whose treking to OHIO?

I am not telling her anymore than she needs to know on a need to know basis.  To be determined at a later date...

Man your dead on there BS, yes I'm making the trip it has been planned since last year. I'm eager to see if this will be as informative as Walleye Central those guys are the best especially the western basin guys!!! I have 2 iPads 1for LEU and the other for LOU all I had to do is flip them open. One is red LOU the other grey LEU.

I just cant get into walleye central...had a walleye pro who is on tv regularly and sponsored by berkley just go on and on about how awesome nanofil is and how its the only braid for him...i tried to say how i used it the previous year and it wears with heavy use which i didnt like for the money...he crucified me with all kinds of technical berkley bs...last week on next bite he was explaining how he uses fireline for durability and nano isnt as durable. Pros that push product with bs that is anything but true turned me off and i havent signed on since. Same angler was catching and releasing eyes 2 weeks ago on next bite and every single fish he was flopping on the carpet and talking for way to long just holding the fish out of water...and he is SUPPOSED to be promoting ethical fishing not just berkley products...sorry for the rant! I much prefer LOU and LEU!

Sent from my LGLS996 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Yea Justin that jerks me sideways everytime also, I'm like shut up who cares!! Put the damn fish back in the water. Another thing I saw on that show is when their trolling for Muskies they stick a rod in the water close to the boat on each side and another one in the back behind the driver then pipe how this won't create the lines to cross when doing the long sweeping turns. They must think we are all idiots, first off why not put the rod holder at the widest point of the boat " they say they are using different length rods" I don't give a shyt how long the or short the rods are at the most they are, is only 3ft in differance and with a 150 or more foot of line out that 3 feet might as well be 3 inches. Well one show it failed and they had a mess, I was surprised they showed it, how about how they net the big boys,I don't know if those real floppy big nets are rubber coated or not, but as careful as your supposed to be I never saw them cut a hook off one their 20-30$$ lure. Their boring and gouging with a lineman's pliers, then lift the fish out by one gill plate talk about this, that and the other thing all advertising what ever made the catch possible, then put the fish in the water. So much for ethical fishing as long as they convince people into thinking "man I need to get some of those things"

My goal with a fish that is to be released is to have it out of water no longer than i can comfortably hold my breathe. You can get a pic and a measurement in less than 30 seconds. If the fish is stressed badly leave it in the water. The exact size of a fish isnt really so important unless you believe it validates you as a fisherman...and to that id say the example you set and your efforts at conservation are what defines you...especially if you are the face of the sport on TV.

Sent from my LGLS996 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Well put Justin.  Novices look up to those they feel are advanced.  They set the bar for conservation and respect nature for sure.  It is the same for fishing and hunting.  I learned some things when I was younger that I now feel are not the best practice but since then I have had some more advanced role models and peers to learn from.  I picked up some things from you - always learning or never learning.

As far as pictures go.  I save them for really special occasions or to let the family know I am ok and having fun.   Otherwise, the fish is either in the box or straight back in the water.  When I fish one hook point I usually do a release without the fish ever leaving the water or me touching it.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics