Inline boards

Offshore Tackle SST Pro Mag or Church Tackle TX44 in lines will handle 10 color and coppers.  For what these cost don't think you could engineer and make your own IMO.  Church Walleye boards marginally handle 10 colors just don't have a line problem as 10 colors sink the board at rest(I lost a setup once this way).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Im done with inline boards.  Ive tried Church and Offshore.  Pulling deep divers, jets, 5-7 color core.  Even with my rods in my rocket launcher and the boards tweaked I couldn't get a decent spread.  After using some Auroralite boards on my buddys boat its night and day.

we run up to 10 colors on church tx22 boards. We used to use big boards and switched when I bought a new boat a few years ago. Would never go back for the simple reason our landing rate is better. I also believe we deploy our spread faster and much more efficiently. 

I see no way in hell you would be able to run 4 in-lines off each side. They just don’t plane out enough. Your baits will be 300yds behind the boat and stacked up on each other. 

When we run big boards we have them at least 60-70yds out off each side. We can run 4-5 rods off each side and keep them substantially more spread out compared to inlines. 

There must be some trick that I don’t know to get the inlines to actually plane more than 10yds out. I’ve tries moving the weights, bending the brackets, keeping the rods high, etc. huge headache

To each his own but we run three each side efficiently. We run tx22 church boards and so do many others. I have no dog in the fight. I’m just a fisherman whom tourney fish and runs as many segmented cores as anyone on Erie. I love my inlines and have no issues. Would never run a big board again. 

We run three a side on erie and ontario day in day out, any thing over 5 color we run tx44 boards, in the spring when we run short cores or copper 5 colors and under we use or church walleye boards three a side. Jigstick when you run big boards and say you have a 3 color a 5 color and 8 color on one side and a fish hits the 3 color how do you reset it with out reeling in the 5 and 8 color first ?

I have both big boards and inlines. I found the inlines are not sufficient for the 10 color lead, even with the modifications recommended by Blood Line. But, I just bought a Yellow Bird 12 inch inline, biggest one they make. I'm sure it will work. A little easier to deploy then the big board. I do like the yellow bird in lines. I also like the to put the  Sam's Pro release on my boards, because they work with braids. 

• 2 months later...

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics