Small Boat Harbor Launch Review

Small Boat Harbor Launch Review

Getting in and out of the parking area was easy.  Parking is ample and close by.  The launch is a little steep and I was glad I left my bow lock on.  The boat would have slid off for sure as there was a lot of tension on the pulley once I got down the ramp.  I hit the breaks a little hard at the end and slid into the water further than I wanted.  The docks can't be seen in the rear view mirror when at the top of the hill so follow the lines.  It is very well lit so night launching will be no problem.  The launch dock starts as a high cement wall/dock and leads to a floating dock.  The wall is very high and for someone who is launching alone you will have to walk back up the ramp to get on the dock.  Similar to the State launch at the Catt.  Like everything else, it will take some time to get used to.  They could use a few more cleats on the dock to tie off to. 

• 3 weeks later...

This is a perfect reason for a trailer boat organization to be organized. Not just fishing club guys, but family cruisers, jet ski boaters, small sail boaters and others to get recognized and realistic trailer boat access points on Lake Erie to be made available for public use. A report of the trailer boat registration numbers would justify the fact they are not being considered for access to Lake Erie by all the government agencies that collect sales taxes, registration fees, gasoline excise taxes, income taxes, etc. that these users and suppliers contribute to them. If they act helpless then subsidize private operators to start up more access points.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

Update:

I still don't like the high cement walkways leading to the docks.  I am getting used to it though.  Some signs put in like at Sturgeon that tell you to prep your boat "here" before you get on the ramp would be smart.  I do like the wash down area where you pull out.  A full pressure garden hose to rinse off the fish blood, dirt or algae from your boat and trailer.

• Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics