Walleye reports eastern basin

On 5/8/2024 at 12:13 PM, Aquaman said:

Here's a spot for 2024 reports

Sent from my SM-G781V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Plan to go out for pickeral on Thursday, May 16, weather permitting. Will start with downriggers at 45 feet off Windmill Point near Ridgeway, Ont. Has anybody had any luck recently?

Side planers with snap weights really produce in all waters. Diving stick baits at the end of your line will be the ticket since the walleye suspend in all waters near or off shore. Two ounce snap weights are good. 

Always be aware that a moving boat spooks walleyes, bass, salmon, trout away from your trolling boat, that is why side planers work well on Lakes Erie, Ontario and salt water.

Thats the reason you have an electric trolling motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

electric batterys do not last all day. my boat travels with a kicker motor and the main engine is slow enough.

Mine will last for 10 plus hrs with my lithium batteries

Any news?  Is the walleye bite still on?   Just finally got some free time from work so I can go out but don't want to waste my time if its dead out there.   I would be going out of the small boat harbor.

Edited by mtrom

We tried to go last night freaking weather man screwed us big time it was supposed to be one foot or less light winds out of the North... However reality was 3 foot waves wind ripping out of the straight West. We mark some by the windmills we made it down to Hamburg make one Is pass and the crew turnd green.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

We tried to go last night freaking weather man screwed us big time it was supposed to be one foot or less light winds out of the North... However reality was 3 foot waves wind ripping out of the straight West. We mark some by the windmills we made it down to Hamburg make one Is pass and the crew turnd green.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

We were out there for a while trolling around the break walls. Weather man and wind finder all very very wrong! Hahahaha

I went out solo yesterday early. Managed four keepers and lost two others before wind got too strong, and ran out of worms! Caught a bunch of perch, white perch, and sheep head which is why I ran out of worms.

Just got back from a night trip. NOAA called for 1 foot during day Friday settling to under 1 foot over night. At dusk there were 2-3 for rollers, within an hour it built to 3-4s.  We stayed inside as I have a tiller and my guest did not have full rain gear.   Those that were on the lake averaged 2-4 from what I heard. 

Out last night until 10p. Very very slow for us. Couple wallies couple smallies, tried 20-40fow best was 35fow. Bunch of boats were in tight to the windmills, not sure how they did. Didn’t see many people moving rods.

Fished out of the Catt yesterday from noon to 8. Trolled stick and harness. 1 white bass and 1, 13.5 inch perch. Lake was flat and calm. Best marks were in 35 to 38 feet early and 60 feet later on. They didn't want to eat. Only a couple other boats out. Got as far west as Dunkirk. I think I will wait awhile before going again. Hats off to everyone who caught nice catches in the tournament last weekend. 

• Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics