Custom painted Walleye Colorado Blades

I have really enjoyed painting mag-sized blades the past couple years for Musky fishing.  I am thinking it might be time to try my hand at the smaller sizes to see how they will come out and if they will be effective.  Personally, I like the idea of multiple colors on a blade incase a fish is dialed into a specific color on a given day (giving me a better chance at triggering that bite).

The first attempts include a Purple/Blue/Silver pattern and a yellow/copper/and brown pattern.  While I really like my "Musky Stripes", I am not 100% sold on the walleye ones yet...maybe I just need to shrink them a little bit and then they will be better...

thumb_IMG_0708_1024.jpg.71b8ce7edd8dda2f

I also attached images of some of the Musky blades I have been painting up.

IMG_2551_1024.jpg.f2556bfe4710a9a54a8f43 IMG_0095_1024.jpg.e32fff3f1258699b935932

IMG_0341_1024.jpg.70d1e21a8352c46e88d557IMG_0342_1024.jpg.1247903535b2121deedae6IMG_0345_1024.jpg.51f9ec4e09d6e3ca919192

Nalod...In the Spring, I found that the Colorado's that worked the best were the #5's.  I like to use those for close to shore on the reefs.

Later in the summer, I'll switch to #4's & #3's.  Best colors have been the chartreuse & dark oranges.  I heard a seminar one time & the speaker talked about the rods & cones in the eyes of the 'eyes, having something to do with being able to see chartreuse & oranges the best.  Maybe that's why fire-tigers work so well.

Let me know when you have some to try.  I'm willing to be the beta-guy.  

We took a charter out of middle basin just as the jig bite was transferring over to spinner harnesses, and the charter Capt. said they use #5 hammered gold blade, we had a 6 man ticket in four hours, since then I've been using the #5's in the spring till about 2nd week of June then I switch to hard baits. Rats Bomber long A's Smithwicks Rapalas J13's black tops prism silver sides and.       Orange bellies even if I have to paint them myself.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics