Bycatch

Bycatch

Ok I was on the fence about this question but like they say it never hurts to ask !! Last year was my 1st on lake Erie and didn't do to bad but the bass and drum killed me not so bad on a downrigger but on 10 colors they start to :emoticon-0183-swear:  you off .. I run shallow sticks and harnesses (starting in late june )downriggers core and dipsy's my speed is up and down but would say average is 2.2 can I speed-up and keep the bass off ? also I would like to know the fastest I can run harnesses .. Thanks Paul

Won't say I have all the answers at keeping the junk fish off my lines, but here are some things I do.  I'll speed up and switch to more sticks and spoons in larger sizes.  I get the crawlers out of the spread.  If it is really bad I'll pickup and run to another location.   For sure you have to get away from them and going faster helps.

• Like 1

The Ohio guys use stick baits since their white bass, white perch and sheep head are worse there. Very little mention of worm harnesses is noticed on their Ohio Game Fishing site.

Side planers with snap weights and stickbaits set with the weights like twenty to forty feet in front of the lures and similar distances from the planer boards. Two boards per angler is the law there.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics