Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shorthanded

Leadcore

My experience with lead core is that the imparted lure action and distance away from the boat are the primary reasons it catches fish.  My question... would a setup with 2-3 colors in combination with torpedo divers catch just as many deep fish in summer as a 7-10 color setup?

Jack

Hard to say. Some days lead core is on fire and then the next day it could be dipsys and jets that catch all the fish. I always start with each setup and then let the fish decide what's better that day.

Eyestopper, thanks, I agree and do the same.  

My question is not how leadcore compares to other presentation methods, but rather about how different leadcore setups might produce when compared to one another

• Similar Topics

• Leadcore with Deep Divers

By now, most of us have knowledge of some decent estimators for the running depths of various lure setups (like the Precision Trolling data- and/or other dive charts etc). Use of this information can be critical to presenting your bait of choice in the strike zone. Right now I am only invested into a few 5 color lead core rigs and a ten color (as I've heard that the 5 color seems to get used the most with success). I've got dipsey's, snap weights, bottom bouncers, jet divers & riggers bla bl

in Lake Erie Fishing Reports

• Okuma Convector CV-45D - Leadcore combos

I have up for sale the following Okuma 45D Convector Reels which are have 18lb of Leadcore setups w/ 150ft of 30lb Power Pro and mono backer. The leaders are 50ft of 20lb Seaguar Red Label Fluro  Reels are in excellent condition and ready to fish ! I have the original boxes and will ship within the US to the lower 48.  6 - 7 color - $85 each Any questions please let me know.    

in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent

• Four leadcore setups

All okuma matching rods two the reels are classic pro. Cl 302 l with three colors on them one is magda pro ma 30 dx. And the other is convectou c.f. 45 d both the line counter reel have five color on them rods are brand new reels are good. $ 200.00 takes them all or $ 65.00.a setup condition   Sent from my VS986 using Lake Erie United Mobile App    

in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent

• Leadcore for walleye

Does anyone use leadcore on big boards for walleye?I tried using it with spoons,but there wasn't enough drag on the line to get the release to slide out to the board.i used two different kinds of releases and nothing   Sent from my SM-G955U using Lake Erie United Mobile App      

in Lake Erie Fishing Reports

• New to leadcore.

What is the most popular and how long of a leader do I need. Also what poundage for my leader? Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

in Open Lake Discussion