Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Puking Dog

2019 Sturgeon Pt Dredging

Stopped by marina today to see if dredge work has started.

May 3, 2019

Work is going on, pictures attached.

Looks kind of nerve wracking to be operating back hoe and truck!

Pictures are taken from very end a break wall, looking at boat ramp.

Background beyond truck is where the sand is getting dumped.

Sturgeon1.jpg

Sturgeon2.jpg

Edited by Puking Dog
added more text

Sign said Launch Closed and you wouldn't be able to get past back hoe anyway. Plus the water is so dirty because of the digging that you wouldn't know how deep the water was in front of you.  There were no trailers in the lot. I have no idea how long it takes them to  finish.

Where is the sign that said launch closed ? I didn't see that when I launched at 2AM Saturday morning. The excavator was up on the hill where they are putting the sand they are dredging out. They had poles in the middle where they haven't dredged yet. Channel on the left side was plenty deep for my boat.

Hamburg Town launch was being dug out yesterday. For Town residents with a permit tag only Usually good to mid summer when this area sands up again.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Sturgeon Point 2019

Seeing as this worked out so well last year, let’s give it a go again.   Stopped by the marina last week, no emeralds in just yet, big sand bar. Ice booms coming out next week, hopefully dredging will start soon.......   SP received a grant for break wall work, haven’t heard when/if that will be started this season.     Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

in Lake Erie Fishing Reports

• Small Boat Harbor Fishing Reports 2019

I haven’t seen a thread for sbh reports for this year. If I missed it I apologize. Figured I’d start one. Tight lines!!     Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App  

• 2019 Crestliner 1750 Super Hawk

1750 Crestliner Super Hawk – Any reasonable offer will be considered. 2015 - 115 Mercury 4 Stroke 2015 - 9.9 Mercury Kicker Minn Kota I-Pilot 80 lb Thrust (never used) Lowarance Elite 7X Fish Finder Built in Battery Chargers Hydraulic Steering Bow Pad Hammock Sun Top Cover Floor Rod Racks Ski Pylon Spare Tire Traxstech tracks, rod holders, downrigger mounts 6 Pedestal Seats Stored Inside

in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent

• Dunkirk 2019

Happy Spring! I'll be fishing vessel Godzilla this season, starting tomorrow. Anyone try any daytime drops off Van Buren?

• Walleye - Sturgeon Point July 24, 2019

New to the Lake Erie Board, but have been on Lake Ontario board since inception. Chad Lappa and Co. do a great job, but everyone needs to contribute to make it successful.  I don't understand why more people aren't using it. After making the trek from Wayne county we got off to a late slow start around 9 AM.  Started in 55 fow west of the harbor with a top to bottom array of choice baits. Boards with core, riggers and divers. Finally got dialed in a bit about two miles east of the Catt. in 62 fo

in Open Lake Discussion