Your top three artificial's

holographic perch challenger stick is my goto on erie get alot of eyes on it at 2.2 mph when nothing else works they do also watermelon harness work great too if the silver bass are not there to drive me nuts starting to go with more stick baits then anything . but as everyone knows silver bass hit everything and can be a problem gonna try some spoons this year never fished before late june on east end what depth are they in opening week and what is the best plan of attack

Hello  fishman930 Thanks for your response I would like to answer your question and i'm sure someone will if you start a new post it may have gotten lost in this one  !!  This will be my 1st year fishing Erie.. but you have reminded me of something that has been bugging me for some time most people don't think very highly of silver bass and I know there not as good as  walleye but I find it hard to believe there not at least as good as a largemouth my understanding is they have some dark meat have you or anyone else on this site ever tried them ? Thanks Paul

Someone in the camp last year said there good eating, we kept like 10" on up. I not a fish eater but I love perch and believe it or not they were good also I was surprised. When my dad was still with us we kept a few smallies that we caught  out around the sunken island. Filleted those and cut em into chunks, beerbatter I was like man these are good. So ya we keep a few!!

15 hours ago, shinintimes said:

Hello  fishman930 Thanks for your response I would like to answer your question and i'm sure someone will if you start a new post it may have gotten lost in this one  !!  This will be my 1st year fishing Erie.. but you have reminded me of something that has been bugging me for some time most people don't think very highly of silver bass and I know there not as good as  walleye but I find it hard to believe there not at least as good as a largemouth my understanding is they have some dark meat have you or anyone else on this site ever tried them ? Thanks Paul

im not sure about erie but i know they say dont eat them out of ontario i have tried them and they taste good but i hate having to buy so many worms and if you get into them they can hurt ya if your bringing them in buy the hundreds on leadcore i had a day last year where we were bringing one a min in all day at one point that day i said lets pull all the lines and change to sticks and when we did we realized all 9 lines had them on there and had been dragin them long enough to kill them

16 hours ago, fishman930 said:

im not sure about erie but i know they say dont eat them out of ontario i have tried them and they taste good but i hate having to buy so many worms and if you get into them they can hurt ya if your bringing them in buy the hundreds on leadcore i had a day last year where we were bringing one a min in all day at one point that day i said lets pull all the lines and change to sticks and when we did we realized all 9 lines had them on there and had been dragin them long enough to kill them

Sounds like more guys need to start eating them... thin um out a little !!!   i'll do what I can to help you out

1 hour ago, shinintimes said:

Sounds like more guys need to start eating them... thin um out a little !!!   i'll do what I can to help you out

Holy crap Paul you might have to by one of those DR wood chippers and mount it on the swim platform, Fman930 ain't kidding they are almost as bad as gobies, just not as ugly LOL you could get 1 mean chum slick going though!!!  Just had to bust ya buddy, we ate them out of LakeO I'm not all together there but I'm not glowing green yet,

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics