LakeMaster or Navionics?

Hi Walleyenation - I actually own both and tend to favor my Navionics chip over the LakeMaster.  I seem to have better coverage around NYS with Navionics then LakeMaster but I am sure this differs from location to location.   I bought the LakeMaster chip because it was compatible with my trolling motor to run specific depth lines that I couldn't do with Nav chip.  Many of the new fish finders have two chip slots in them now as well so I just plug whatever one I want to use that day depending on where I am fishing and what I am looking to do. 

• BlueEye pinned and unpinned this topic

I have been using a Navionics chip in a stand alone Lowrance Global Map 400 for many years on both Erie and Ontario. Love it. I find depth contours overlaid on map are very accurate.  Stored waypoints on 99 percent of the walleye and salmon I caught and still have 500 left in the memory. Never fished on a boat with Lakemaster so I cant offer an opinion. Just know navionics was worth the cost. 

Navionics also offers one of the nicest phone apps I've ever used - the detail is second to none and you can bring it with you when you are on someone elses boat.  My only negative is that it eats up the battery of your phone very quickly because it utilizes the gps so make sure you have a way to plug your phone in to keep it charged.  I think the cost of the phone app was very cheap as well. 

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics