Pequod1
Members-
Posts
152 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
module__cms_records1
Everything posted by Pequod1
-
-
-
-
It was a very nice day out there Friday and my grandson and I got our easy limit. Unfortunately for us, I got stuck out there and could not get my engine started. If the two boaters that came to my assistance are on this forum I would like to thank you again for the long tow in. It just reminds me of how many of us fisherman are good guys and are willing to help another angler. Thank you,
-
-
Walleye Reports Eastern Basin 2025
Pequod1 replied to Diversion's topic in Lake Erie Fishing Reports
-
Walleye Reports Eastern Basin 2025
Pequod1 replied to Diversion's topic in Lake Erie Fishing Reports
-
-
-
I was out yesterday again and limited out by 8:30. Interesting morning. Started out flat calm and foggy and then the north wind picked up. I went straight out to 85' just a little west of the Cat. First thing I noticed is that the fish moved up 10-15' in the water column. I moved everything up from the day before. Best bait was a black worm harness on a wire dipsey set at 2 and 140' back. Lead line was good out 9 colors compared to 10 the day before. I had a purple/black reef runner on that. The Michigan stinger spoon that was good the day before was a blank yesterday but another purple reef runner on the rigger parked 65' down worked. Speed was 1.7, 1.8 over bottom.
-
After my limit of eyes yesterday, I checked out some waypoints from 65-54’ in front of the cat. I saw a few marks that looked more like silvers and sheepshead than that nice solid band of perch. Not too many years ago, we fished the beginning of August. But there weren’t any walleyes around then and there were plenty of emeralds. Lately, the first week of October and water temps in the mid 60’s should bring them in. Can’t wait.
-
-
-
2020 Eastern lake Erie walleye report:
Pequod1 replied to Tightline356's topic in Lake Erie Fishing Reports
Sorry you didn’t find them in Barcelona Fyshon. I drove the 120 miles to Dunkirk today and managed to get there a little after 5:00. Fishing was slow but steady for me. Went 8/11 and kept my 6. All fish came west of Van Buren point in 60’. No pattern. Half on harnesses and half on plugs. Two on the rigger, two on the wire dipsey and the rest on the lead core set at 6 color. -
2020 Eastern lake Erie walleye report:
Pequod1 replied to Tightline356's topic in Lake Erie Fishing Reports
-
2020 Eastern lake Erie walleye report:
Pequod1 replied to Tightline356's topic in Lake Erie Fishing Reports
-
I was one of the 20. I was fishing in a friends 19’ alumacraft since I am somewhat limited with a new knee replacement. We only had half a limit out there but we were the last ones there. That DEC boat escorted the 14’ boat with two guys in it right back to the dock. Ouch! We had some problem on the way in. Batteries were dead and had to come back on the 9.9 kicker. Again, not my boat🙄. Finally, alternator put up enough charge to at least tilt up the main motor. Too bad we couldn’t connect out there. Might go out Tuesday.looks like a good day.
-
-
Small Boat Harbor Fishing Reports 2019
Pequod1 replied to offthegrid's topic in Lake Erie Fishing Reports
-
Small Boat Harbor Fishing Reports 2019
Pequod1 replied to offthegrid's topic in Lake Erie Fishing Reports
Interesting. I fished the same area yesterday and a few days ago and saw the same marks. Never fished up there and did not have to. 5-6 color on lead core, wire dipsey setting #3 and 85’ back did most of the damage, a couple on the riggers at 43. We only had two fish until 10:30, then they just showed up and we boxed out. -
Different day, different results. 1 fish in four hours. Tried 45-60’ about 3 miles east of Dunkirk. We did not see any nets moving in any of the boats near us. Some good marks on the screen but they were not interested. Ran spoons and plugs on bottom bouncers, riggers, lead core, wire and mono dipseys.
-
-
-
Knowing this governor and this legislature I am afraid it will happen eventually. They want them and there is nothing the minority in both houses can do. What I fear the most is if they do go in will there be an exclusion zone around them. Could you imagine entire areas of the lake where you can't troll for Walleye’s. What kind of legacy is that to leave behind for our children and grandchildren.
-
Makes a great if not tedious at times read. Some good news and some potential bad news in there about the eastern basin. I read the forage base, walleye and perch reports. The forage base was bad as far as smelt were concerned. They make up 25% of the walleye diet. Walleye size and weight/ length has gone down in the past two years possibly because of the lower smelt numbers. Emeralds, especially the 1 yr olds, have gone up dramatically though. That might offset the smelt problem. Perch population looks pretty good. I hope that holds true.
-
- 1
-











