Starcraft or AlumaCraft

FishDragon

Starcraft or AlumaCraft

Hello,   I fish half the time out of Buffalo Harbor for Bass and the other half on Conesus lake for Bass and pike.   I don't troll often but may start to try for Walleye this year and also try to troll for Musky on Conesus.    

Looking at a 195 Fishmaster, 205 Trophy, and a 205 Competitor.    Seems the 195 is best for trolling and the 205 competitor is best for bass fishing/casting.   The Trophy may be the best compromise but I'm looking for input from others on Ride, fishability, trolling, etc.

Thanks!

I looked at both Starcraft's and Alumacrafts last year and ended up buying a new fishmaster 196.  The alumacraft's are very nice boats but are shallower than the fishmaster.  I went with the fishmaster because I troll on erie 90%of the time.  If I was more into bass fishing I would have bought the competitor. The trophy is midway between the competitor and fishmaster depth wise. 

you can also look at a PolarKraft 189 frontier or a Kodiak 200, the frontier is 18ft 11in and the 200 is 19ft 10in both have 99 inch beams and are great for multi species fishing, I use mine (frontier 179) for bass, walleye, salmon, and perch they are great boats with a lot lower price tag. I did a lot of research before buying mine, and my final 3 were Starcraft, Crestliner, and PolarKraft. Starcrafts were great but 7000-10000 more than the other two, and the crestliner was welded and 2-3000 more that the PolarKraft. I do not regret buying mine, best boat I have owned,and i have owned 7.

• 1 month later...

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics