Walleye fishing the last week of July

Hi my fellow walleye fishermen and women.  My son and I will celebrate my 84th birthday with a trip to lake Eire to fish for walleyes.  We have booked a cottage in Westfield right near the marina.  Looking for any guidance s to where to start fishing for eyes once we leave the marina.  We have never fished Lake Erie and  it is a dream come true for me.  Any and all  advice is welcomed.  Thank you for taking the time to respond to me I really appreciate it, t thought if I asked the question early enough it would no interfere with your spring fishing.   

i don't have a clue where Westfield is. i do a lot of fishing out of Geneva Ohio the end of July. by this time most of the fish are in their summer pattern. unless someone gives me numbers, I'm going out blind. I'll go straight out to 72 feet of water and fish north unless i have a north wind. then I'll go out close to the border and fish south. i use large spoons on divers to get me down. then I'll run bandit cranks on my 2 downriggers.

Mr. Weslowski, Head straight north out of the shoot to 50' and turn either east or west depending on wind/waves. Set up and work that 50 out to 60 and back until you find the fish, thats always a good starting point. If not there, try 40'-50'or 60'-70'. If you don't find them straight out, a run towards the PA line is always a good option. East to the Brocton shoals area is also worth a look. We mainly fish multiple lead core lines off big planer boards with crawler harnesses and small spoons, to cover from 10' down all the way to the bottom. If the east/west thing doesn't do the trick, try a north/south troll.

Last week of July I'd start 60 fow and head deeper till you find them. I launch the next port down the lake and will be there all summer feel free to shoot me a message around then and I'll share what I'm seeing out there. Should be great timing our walleye really gets good July and Aug

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I thank everyone who posted. This will be a big help. I live in Plattsburgh Ny on lake Champlain and have fished Lake Ontario for many years.  My son and I he I lives  in NC decided this may well be my last trip on a big lake as my health is starting to be an issue so your help gives us a starting point.  Tight lines snd many eyes in your future.

Larry Weslowski

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics