Wire dypsy diver question...

I'm thinking about using slide divers with wire, is there a dive chart for slide divers or is it the same as regular dypsy's ?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Not sure on depth

Can you run slide divers on wire? I've never used them only read a little about them..

There's also guys who put OR style releases on their dipsys to take place of the slide diver can set them with big leads just like the slide divers...there's a bunch of YouTube videos on it...I've never done that either but read about it

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

Not sure on depth

Can you run slide divers on wire? I've never used them only read a little about them..

There's also guys who put OR style releases on their dipsys to take place of the slide diver can set them with big leads just like the slide divers...there's a bunch of YouTube videos on it...I've never done that either but read about it

Thanks, I'm going to check that out now...

Yes, you run slide divers on wire.  Splice in a section of 30 to 40lb mono or 65lb braid for the diver to slide on.  I tend to like mono over braid.  Pretty limited dive curves on slide divers.  I like to run divers with rings.

• Like 1

Yes, you run slide divers on wire.  Splice in a section of 30 to 40lb mono or 65lb braid for the diver to slide on.  I tend to like mono over braid.  Pretty limited dive curves on slide divers.  I like to run divers with rings.
Thank you, I ordered a bigger ring and a heavier weight for it... Will that work better ?

Have you tried the dipsys with releases on them? pretty neat concept.

Is it easy to release the diver with mono ? And if so, how do you do it ?

No problem getting slide diver to release with mono for the diver to slide on.  Your main line is braid or wire so you only have a section of mono for the diver to slide down.

As far as using the release attachment to slide a regular dipsey - I don’t see any advantage.  To me just use a slide diver which is made for the purpose.  I’m prejudiced perhaps after playing with dipsey’s and big Jon jettison releases back when we ran mono on dipseys probably 30 years ago.  They worked about 20 percent of the time and failed more often than not with a big king on.  Quickly scrapped that experiment.

To me use dipsey or slide diver as designed- both have excellent track records catching fish. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mr 580 said:

No problem getting slide diver to release with mono for the diver to slide on.  Your main line is braid or wire so you only have a section of mono for the diver to slide down.

As far as using the release attachment to slide a regular dipsey - I don’t see any advantage.  To me just use a slide diver which is made for the purpose.  I’m prejudiced perhaps after playing with dipsey’s and big Jon jettison releases back when we ran mono on dipseys probably 30 years ago.  They worked about 20 percent of the time and failed more often than not with a big king on.  Quickly scrapped that experiment.

To me use dipsey or slide diver as designed- both have excellent track records catching fish. 

Thanks for the help !! I'll be taking your advice.. Tight lines !!

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics