Few of my creations.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2020 at 7:01 AM, steelie said:

Very nice. Do they swim like rapalas?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Better than Raps.  They can do a complete figure 8 when you get the tempo down they're pretty light weight so they kick out pretty far and glide back to rest nose down which resembles a feeding baitfish.  Lots of trial and error went into them through the years

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The bodies are my design. It took many trial and error attempts to get a proper weight. Casting the body in all lead or a zing base still makes a heavy lure. Too heavy to fish. So I had to come up with a way to lighten them. That's my secret. The mold also is home made. Part of these lures are of lead some zink. Depends on what I want weight wise.  Some of these are also covered with real fish skin I got from fishing which I treat previous to applying to the lure. It's a process I learned from a lure builder from Finland.  They're fun to build they fish great and not profitable in this country to sell. Guys here love the 3.00 Chinese crap.  My hooks alone cost that per lure.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/7/2020 at 7:05 PM, Youngblood said:

Where do you get the tail fins ? I need about 50 of those to replace the broken ones on my Raps.

Corner guard for drywall works well to make fins.  Cut with heavy shears.  Use epoxy to attach.  I like devcon 2 ton 30 min.  It isn't necessary, but once glued on and cured....coat the whole lure and fin with a topcoat of the epoxy.  

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics