Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gowiththefloat

Port Maitland Ontario

Was out October 8th for the evening bite and managed two walleye.

Lines down at 4.30pm and packed it up at 6.30.  Sun went down way too soon for my liking. We spent our time in 75 feet of water away from most boats which seemed to be in the high 80s or deeper

We ran two worm harnesses and two sticks - a silver blue cotton Cordell and a white flicker minnow. The Cordell on the rigger set 10 feet off bottom took both fish.  Dipseys did nothing and nor did the tadpole diver.   Water was calm as forecasted.

Was out doing the same thing a few weeks back and we killed it. On pretty much the same set up we had our two man limit in less than three hours. I guess that's fishing. Still a great time. The weather was wayyy better than here in Stoney creek. Very sunny and hot enough to have the swim shorts on.

Happy fishing and happy Thanksgiving everyone. IMG-20180916-WA0006.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Port Colborne

Left Port Colborne (directly across the lake from Silver Creek) at 4 pm, fished 45 feet down in 75 fow +/- and limited out by 7 pm. All fish were caught fluttering on downriggers using purple and watermelon crawler harnesses.

in Lake Erie Fishing Reports

• Port Clinton area spring trolling questions

We started trolling for eyes last summer up near Dunkirk, NY and really enjoyed it. We would like to go down and experience the early bite in the Port Clinton area. Trolling is what we know from salmon fishing and would prefer to go that way for early eyes too. Can anybody point me in the basically right direction in terms of timing, baits, depths and locations? Any and all info appreciated. Thanks!!

in Tackle & Techniques

• Eastern Ontario Spring Perch newbie

Hey everyone. Starting to get excited for the upcoming boat season on Erie. Yes I know it's early yet but it's kind of like dreaming of winning the lottery... It Gets you through. Would like to get my wife and four year old into some perch. We would access Erie anywhere from Nanticoke all the way to Point Abino. Does the spring fishing usually start around early May and is there any particular structure we should be looking for? I read on another post on the US side that you would fish in l

• Walleye- Port Dover

New resident of Port Dover and new to fishing Erie.  Any suggestions for good walleye fishing out of Dover? Thanks!    

• Hello from Ontario

I’m really looking forward to sharing information with the group and gaining some experienced knowledge. I have an 18.5 Alumacraft Competitor with a 150 Yamaha VMAX.  I fish mostly in the eastern Lake Erie basin for Bass and Walleye and the lower Niagara for trout.  I flyfish when the weather allows but enjoy many other techniques for deeper water fish including dropshotting.  Im looking forward to the Ontario opening of Bass This Saturday and hope to share success stories wi

in Welcome to Lake Erie United - Introduce Yourself