Erieau Steelheads

MPI_Mallard

Hiya' everybody, I'm new to this kind of fishing, I'm running a 19' thundercraft equipped with walker down riggers and dipsey divers and would appreciate any suggestions on how to fish for steelheads properly, thanks in advance!!

Red Green: "Vegetarian" is an old Indian word
meaning "I don't hunt so good."

Edited by MPI_Mallard

Hiya' everybody, I'm new to this kind of fishing, I'm running a 19' thundercraft equipped with walker down riggers and dipsey divers and would appreciate any suggestions on how to fish for steelheads properly, thanks in advance!!
Red Green: "Vegetarian" is an old Indian word
meaning "I don't hunt so good."
I've never targeted steelhead in erie but would be interested to hear what others have to say. I would assume similar to ontario, slim spoons/cranks, orange/blue/green, faster trolling speed, top 25ft of water?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is not the style fishing you had in mind but you cant beat slowly meandering down a shoreline on the electric trolling motor in front of ANY creek mouth to cast and retrieve 2/5 oz little cleos, #3 vibrax, rapala J-11 in 6-8 feet of water. If you must drive and leave the rods sitting in the holders i would suggest sending out planar boards with 8-10 lb flourocarbon leaders and still using the electric motor if possible. This technique will produce fish in the fall and spring. Not many guys do it anymore but putting on a set of waders and walking out into the lake casting hardware in front of the creek mouths is a way more enjoyable experience and less hassle in my opinion

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics