Boat for parts

pap

Well last year 3 hours into the start of the eye season, I was getting ready to leave the one area, I throttled her up almost on plane when she just sat back down in the water, to make a long story short, I blew the lower unit. So I bought another boat for parts. Well today I removed the front light from the boat, I was unable to pull more than a foot of cable I thought it would be just 2 heavy wires, not having much luck with the rest of the boat, motor, blocks cracked, manifolds cracked, getting ready to haul it to the dump I decided to pull the front light off, well to my surprise it has 6 little wires not 2 big ones. I bring the light in the house and look it up on the net and to my surprise the the damn light lists for between $750 and $1100 dollars!!!! Apparently this light is remote controlled, great I just pulled a big NO-BRAINER, this light is 100,000 candlepower AND can turn in any position you want it to. Beforehand I threw all the crap into the cuddy, now I need to find the wire harnes and locate the remote. Needless to say it was no picnic the wires were run under the materials that cover the top and sides. I did get the wires and remote, but I need a new remote. I found one for $75.00 and I will be putting it on the boat. This was by far the best treasure found on this wreck, other than the newly rebuilt outdrive. Pretty cool!!!

1 hour ago, pap said:

Well last year 3 hours into the start of the eye season, I was getting ready to leave the one area, I throttled her up almost on plane when she just sat back down in the water, to make a long story short, I blew the lower unit. So I bought another boat for parts. Well today I removed the front light from the boat, I was unable to pull more than a foot of cable I thought it would be just 2 heavy wires, not having much luck with the rest of the boat, motor, blocks cracked, manifolds cracked, getting ready to haul it to the dump I decided to pull the front light off, well to my surprise it has 6 little wires not 2 big ones. I bring the light in the house and look it up on the net and to my surprise the the damn light lists for between $750 and $1100 dollars!!!! Apparently this light is remote controlled, great I just pulled a big NO-BRAINER, this light is 100,000 candlepower AND can turn in any position you want it to. Beforehand I threw all the crap into the cuddy, now I need to find the wire harnes and locate the remote. Needless to say it was no picnic the wires were run under the materials that cover the top and sides. I did get the wires and remote, but I need a new remote. I found one for $75.00 and I will be putting it on the boat. This was by far the best treasure found on this wreck, other than the newly rebuilt outdrive, the motor was rebuilt at the same time, it's a shame for the block, I guess the guy didn't know there is a plug in the other side under the power steering cooler bracket. That's the side that cracked, the other side is opened. This guy also has a Sea Ray with the same everything, hoses manifolds ect. The block has just 2 real fine cracks. If she passes the internal pressure check I'm taking the block up to my buddy that has a huge welding shop. He welds cast iron, he's the best around, and fishes off my boat. He also is in with us at the Black River Camp Grounds.

Just now, pap said:

Does anyone need or know someone who needs or wants the Crome rails and windshields, wing windows off a 1981 BAHA Carrea around  24fter. PM me for price. If not its headed to the landfill so if you know someone's in need of this hurry up. I was going to put this out there sooner, but it just didn't go that way. PAP.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics