I had been doing very well on walleyes at Chautauqua Lake in 33 to 35 ft of water in the North basin.But yesterday's high barometric pressure had all the eyes directly on bottom and mostly closed mouth.I downsized to small perch colored Renosky Chatter Sticks on 5 colors of lead core at 1.8 mph and managed 3 walleye from 4 to 7 lbs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

I took a ride around Chautauqua to see how the water conditions were coming around.South Basin was nasty algae with tons of floating weeds.North Basin was a little algae green but was still to warm at 77 degrees for me to feel comfortable to fish muskies.Put away muskie gear and pulled out walleye and when the to Lake Erie at Dunkirk.Caught 14 walleye directly out front in 66 to 70 ft.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Larry, I had 3, 4 and 5 out.  Was a bit later in the am when I was out so fish might have been a touch deeper.  I also lost a fish on the four color .  I was surprised the 3 didn't have a hit.  Was running mostly short shallow rats and thunderstick juniors.

• 1 year later...

How's the walleye bite on chautauqua are they deep yet? I'll be down there this week fishing not looking for any specific spots just curious if I should concentrate deep or if fish are still congregated on the weedlines? Thanks for any info in advance, and I'll be sure to post my report at the end of the week!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• 2 weeks later...

Fished Chautauqua this past week like kingfisher said caught walleye at all depths smaller fish seemed to be shallow. Deep holes I fished almost all fish were keepers averaged probably 3lbs in the deep water. He bite wasn't hot n heavy yet but fishing was good. All fish were caught jigging!!!

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

Wondering how the walleye fishing has been on Chautauqua. Have they started to move into the deep holes yet? Haven't fished it since June but fall is right around the corner and my favorite time to fish Chautauqua for eyes I love jigging the deep holes for then!!!

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics