Hi I am new to this site, my handle is Bigfoot.  In my 80's and planning a trip to Lake Eire next spring/summer with my son LJ.  I Live on Lake Champlain in up state NY and will fish out of a 24' Crestliner great lakes model.  Looking for information as to when would be the bests time to fish for walleyes and where on the lake would anyone suggest we launch.  We will also need information on rental property for a week if anyone has it.  We r fishing Lake Ontario the 1st week of September for Kings.  I look forward to your assistance, tight lines.

Larry Bigfoot Weslowski

Can anyone tell me what color bay rat lures work best on Lake Eire

i personally like to fish bula and conny the start of aug. i don't run bay rats but the color should be the same. i run bandits on lite bite slide divers. i run shallow bandits on my divers and downriggers. i also like large spoons. the colors i like the best for bandits, is blue back chrome belly and sunspot then use whatever color that's getting fish. then i like big spoons from galeforcetackle.com in jawbreaker, dr death, reverse muffin, with plenty of other colors to choose from.

On 7/4/2021 at 9:44 AM, LAWRENCE J WESLOWSKI SR said:

Thanks for the information

with the cranks and or big spoons in mid summer heat 2.8 to 3.0 has been our speed. i may not be able to help but if you have questions you can feel free to message me. if i have an answer i'll be glad to share with you.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics