Jump to content

Pequod1

Members
  • Posts

    152
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Pequod1

  1. Here's the perch report. First drop, jigged my 3/4 oz buckshot spoon twice and hooked a 9-10 lb eye! After that we did locate a few schools of perch in 67' about a mile west of Dunkirk. Wound up with 45. Not a bad start. I caught a couple up high but they were for the most part tight to the bottom and sucking the bottom silt for any small worm they could find. The bite went completely dead at 11:30 even though we still marked them on the sonar.
  2. Ok good site. I am about to head out to Dunkirk for a little different fishing trip. Heard from a friend that a couple guys ran into some perch last week out in 72' Going to scan and fish and scan some more and let everyone know if something is actually there.
  3. Really good info. Those fish were suspended up there high. That's why this is a good site. People sharing. Thanks
  4. What are your suggestions for the placement of a snap weight on a ten color? The other day, I placed it where my 50' of mono met the first color and later between the second and third color. Didn't work. We are fishing 65-70 down lately.
  5. We marked quite a few eyes for the first three hours and bait. After that, they became scarce.
  6. We got six today out to 74' NW of Sturgeon in the fleet. Nothing on the dipseys today. 4 on the riggers set at 65 and two on the lead core at ten colors. Lead core was dead until we switched over to a rainbow colored renosky. The rigger bites were purple reef runners, and harnesses.
  7. Did you head NW to 75'? That's where they were. Hope the east wind didn't change the water temp and push them out of there
  8. Nice weather for the next few days. Think we will be back at it Wednesday.
  9. Another senior moment. 16.5' Alumacraft
  10. No. I don't trust the wind. It is a hundred mile trip for me and I have already been out twice this year when I had to turn around and come home. Might go to Cayuga tomorrow and get some landlocks. They are fairly easy to catch, but small. Good practice to hone in my walleye trolling techniques.
  11. It will be interesting to see if the east wind the next few days changes things around. Hope not, I am just getting the hang of this.
  12. Another good day out there. 75' of water, 65' down. Dipseys and riggers. Purple reef runners and black/purple harnesses did the trick.
  13. Will you be in the 19'CC John? I have the 16' black alumacraft. We will be in the same area.
  14. I plan on going out of Sturgeon. My buddies used mostly worms but I run 6 rods and will do half and half.
  15. A few of my friends went out of Dunkirk today. The waves built up pretty good making for a tough trip but the guys who made it 8 miles west did good. Didn't kill them, but they were there. On another note, one of the groups saw a big school of what they thought were perch on the bottom in 72' about two miles west. If anyone else spots them let us know and I will make a perch scouting trip.
  16. Yellow pike. pm sent. Hope you got it this forum is a little different than Lou
  17. Actually, if you copied Greenheads cooler picture from a few posts above, its would double as a picture of mine. Fish were the same size. I think the two biggest were around 7 lbs. Not that size matter
  18. Had a good day today out of Sturgeon. Headed NW to 70-75' and found the fleet. Fish were from 55-70 down and we got a dozen on a variety of baits and techniques. No real pattern. Harnesses and reef runners, dipseys, lead line and riggers all worked.
  19. Sturgeon tomorrow. Did a little practice run with my new boat today. Got all the kinks out of it and ready to go.
  20. You guys certainly know how to catch them. I think we will give it a try Wednesday. I have all the gear but I need some of the luck! We will either head out of Sturgeon or Dunkirk.
  21. Last year they disappeared the end of May, now the beginning of May. Time for me to target bass and the finger lakes
  22. Let me guess, red boat. We went in along the break walls too. They are just starting in there. Water temp was 49.
  23. Made a decision to try one more time yesterday. The lake was as flat as it could ever be so I ran down to Meyers. Scanned and fished for an hour with a couple other boats. Nothing. Scanned and fished around Seneca with the same results. So now I have looked hard from Buffalo to the Cat. Did these fish forget that it was May and they should be in large schools everywhere?
  24. Tried again out of the Cat today. I scanned and fished 4 miles from the Cat east. Looked anywhere from 50-60' Just some scattered small bait schools on the bottom, a few bass marks and zero perch. I have another theory about the perch schools. It involves 7 kilometers of gill nets at Port Abino.
  25. Nice going You always get them. Definitely got Erie down.
×
×
  • Create New...