Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Forgot to mention the bite died after 10:30am. 1 walleye between 10:30-noon.  Bunch of white bass though. Best action was probably 730am-'930am.

Went out yesterday around 5:30 or so,basically went straight out set up in 50 fow, boxed 11,lost  a few,5,7 lc, and down riggers. It was hot and heavy right away then shut off around 10:30

Great day except for a couple rude,ignorant boats launching 

Edited by lvo
Add pics
  • Like 2

We put in a pretty long day yesterday to box 11 fish out of sp.  good fishing, but not great. 5 and 7 color cores with stickbaits worked early, and once the S wind died it got tougher and the bite was pretty much all harnesses.  mostly cores and riggers..... 55 to 65 fow. 

• Like 2

Caught a coho two years ago. Very few salmon not stocked not even sure were they come from. 

That's a king. During the last Saturday of the Southtowns Tourney, I got to talking to a lady from the DEC and she volunteered that there's a tiny but consistently documented now-native population of Coho out of 18 mile creek.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

8 hours ago, RD9 said:

Yep no coho. That’s a king. 

Are you sure, the spots on the tail are only on the top fin.  Which points to Coho, (correct?)  but without seeing the inside of the mouth thats all I know to look for. Is there something else?

Many years ago they stocked Lake erie with salmon. I used to go to the tributaries  with my Grampa. Talking late 70's. 

Hey guys. Never thought I’d get so many replies in that salmon. I talked to Kevin from the dec yesterday at small boat and he said that he thought it was a land locked atlantic salmon. He also sent the picture to their biologist and they said the same thing. Supposedly 2 years ago Atlantic salmon were stocked in Lake Huron. Kevin said that I am the fourth report of catching one this year.

that is NOT an atlantic.

We took a 2 man limit of walleye out of SP yesterday. 5 and 7 color cores off the boards, and riggers did most of the damage....... 50 - 65 fow. Depth didn't seem to matter much. We also took a steelhead on a spoon behind a wire diver.......Mostly harnesses, and sticks. very nice day.

Edited by J. Sparrow

That’s a king no question about it, I’ve caught 100’s of Atlantic’s in lakes in the Adirondacks over the years that is NO Atlantic, it’s a 2 year old king

Positive it’s a king. I got in an argument with a DEC person whom kept telling me that I had a lake trout but it was a 14lb Erie brown about two years ago. Problem is looking in a book gives you different perspective then how they look in Lake Erie. The mouth is black and it’s a king. 

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now