Sturgeon Point 2018

I stopped yesterday and there were 5 trailers in the parking lot. I watched one guy go out. He had a small boat and motor trimmed all the way up. So it is possible to get out but boat size will make a difference. None of the trailers Looked like big boats.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Interesting. Might be time to get the waders and shovel

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

FYI,   I heard that one of the local charter captains hit bottom pretty good going out there (SP) the other day.  Also one of  the state launch ramps is open at the Catt & they are letting it be used, also heard Miller had emeralds .

• Thanks 1

I think it was last year or maybe the year before but all they had was a track hoe and a pit truck (large tired dump truck commonly found in gravel pits) and a large sand pile to the southeast of the launch. It looked like they had a road along the inside of the breakwall. When I was down there last week the sand bar was out of the water. Could you see the sand bar or was it water all the way across the opening? You'd think they would get this done sooner as there would be a ton of people out fishing this weekend. And earlier depending on the year.

21 hours ago, wojo said:

Maybe their done dredgiing

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

LoL!  Never happen!  I heard that the town dredging barge broke down & they will not repair it due to too many $$$.  That is why they had contractors do it last time with the backhoe & trucks.  I can't remember them ever being ready/open for opening day, always late.

Edited by lineman49

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics