Sturgeon Point 2018

Also I doubt there is any natural reproduction of salmon on Erie. Tributaries are two warm. That’s a stocked fish from somewhere on Erie. A few years ago guys caught all sorts of pink salmon out of Erie pa. I personally have a hard time believing they swam all the way from Huron or that king navigated the lock system. 

It’s like the Fishers in WNY.  Just started showing up.  I have a hard time believing they traveled from the Adirondack or the pa mountains to make a family in Forestville Ny.  Just my opinion  

• Like 1

Also I doubt there is any natural reproduction of salmon on Erie. Tributaries are two warm. That’s a stocked fish from somewhere on Erie. A few years ago guys caught all sorts of pink salmon out of Erie pa. I personally have a hard time believing they swam all the way from Huron or that king navigated the lock system. 
It’s like the Fishers in WNY.  Just started showing up.  I have a hard time believing they traveled from the Adirondack or the pa mountains to make a family in Forestville Ny.  Just my opinion  

King Not stocked has the adopose (sp) fin....

Fisher there's alot of ideas with them but that's another topic...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, dukhnter8 said:

Fishers moving across ny, just like a mountain lion going from south Dakota to Connecticut not unheard of. Things move on their own and not by man.

Umm...Huh......? Maybe I'm missing something  here.......

That is 100% a King.  And to the person who asked if there's a fishable population, yes there is.  I don't know many that make the trek, but I head out a handful of times each year to the dead centre of the lake. On each trip out we normally box one or two salmon mixed in with a bunch of lakers.  I also take part each year in the DEC cold water offshore diary program.  That king you caught came from one of two places most likely.  On the Canadian side, there are several tribs with fairly substantial fall runs of naturally reproducing salmon.  Pinks, coho, and kings are all in a select few Canadian tribs. Big creek, big otter, youngs, and tribs of the Grand river all have a natural run of salmon. The second possibility is a stray out of Huron.  The bait has been in steady decline there and I don't doubt that the lakes abundant salmon are finding their way here to eat.

That is not an atlantic, although several have been caught on Erie and the upper Niagara river this year. Those atlantics have wandered down from the heavy stocking program all the way from Sault Ste. Marie. Again, that shows these fish will move miles and miles for the bait they want.

Given the temps right now, it is definitely strange that you caught that fish at that depth.  I normally hit them over 150ft and down around the 90ft mark where the water dips below 50.

Very slow morning east of Sturgeon 50-63 fow only had 2 by noon , picked up 7 more by 2:30 , finished with 9 caught most near the line 60-63 fow. Dipeys 160 back downrigger 50 ft all worms nothing on sticks black / pink and hot tiger were best. Anybody do any good off the windmills ?

• Like 1

Very slow morning east of Sturgeon 50-63 fow only had 2 by noon , picked up 7 more by 2:30 , finished with 9 caught most near the line 60-63 fow. Dipeys 160 back downrigger 50 ft all worms nothing on sticks black / pink and hot tiger were best. Anybody do any good off the windmills ?
Slide diver on a 2 setting

Sent from my E6810 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Took three today.60 to 70 fow. 1 on a five color, 1 45 down off the rigger and 1 on a ten color. Fished west to the catt. What was I doing wrong

Sent from my E6810 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Maybe nothing wrong at all, I worked hard to get four out of Buffalo today. Talked to half dozen other people and everybody seemed to be doing similiar. Maybe the bite in Buffalo is slowing down some, not sure but I struggled today? How was everybody else doing at the Catt today?

Sent from my B3-A10 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

We managed to get out from 2 to 5 today. Marked a ton of good fish had them streaking all over the riggers but never had a hit. First skunk of the season. Tried everything we could think of speed. Direction. Color. We started in 52 west of SP ended up in 65. Hopefully get out again during the week. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

Where can I find more info about this? How do you get in the game?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App
If your home port is Stergeon Pt , your eligible, or Have a place at Pt Breeze OR regularly launch at the Catt. Cost is 50 bucks a boat, 3 man boat limit , ALL fish cleaned for big ass fish fry and prizes awarded for big fish . I've fished it ( having a place at Pt Breeze) since it started.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics