Sturgeon Point 2018

Trailer boaters are the last priority. The State of New York takes all the sales taxes and registration fees and keeps them. Thirty some miles between boat ramps on Lake Erie is unacceptable. Our representatives have failed us for all my seventy five years. Nothing happens ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JustFishin..... said:

I went out of Sturgeon today boated two, dropped two and had the standard by catch. Spent most of the day in 48fow-56fow, not marking much. Shadow Raps took all our fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

Seems really slow so far. You would think it would be better. Last year in July we killed them off the CATT. My screen was solid fish while trolling for miles and hours. Now, very little. They are killing them in Cleveland.

• 2 weeks later...

Fished Sunday 7/8 6am-noon. Straight out to 45ft and headed east. Boxed 15, (2) were 8lbs 28in.  Couple of shorts thrown back and lost a couple. Best depth 42-45ft.  Smelt colored harnesses were best on 6&7 cores and downriggers near bottom. Orange harness got the biggest fish on 6 core.

Edited by ws6rufus
  • Like 1

Fished Sunday 7/8 6am-noon. Straight out to 45ft and headed east. Boxed 15, (2) were 8lbs 28in.  Couple of shorts thrown back and lost a couple. Best depth 42-45ft.  Smelt colored harnesses were best on 6&7 cores and downriggers near bottom. Orange harness got the biggest fish on 6 core.
Thanks, we didn't get there early enough, and sounds like we were a little too deep. Still had decent day, but next time I will start at 40 FOW and work out if necessary.

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics