Sturgeon Point 2018

I don't have any "bottom bouncers", but I'm going to get some because I'd like to try it. I did Goggle it like you suggested and watched a lot of videos on it. Most of them were trolling, but I did see a couple where they were drifting. Your explanation of how you do it was well written, and makes me want to try it just to feel that bite. I spent alot of money on down riggers & equipment, and you probably catch just as many fish. Thanks for the information and an excellent article.

• Like 1

I don't have any "bottom bouncers", but I'm going to get some because I'd like to try it. I did Goggle it like you suggested and watched a lot of videos on it. Most of them were trolling, but I did see a couple where they were drifting. Your explanation of how you do it was well written, and makes me want to try it just to feel that bite. I spent alot of money on down riggers & equipment, and you probably catch just as many fish. Thanks for the information and an excellent article.

You can also set up a sinker off a three way swivel. Then your harness or stick off the other just give about a foot or two of line from the sinker to the swivel

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Well I was back out yesterday 9/18 out of Sturgeon Point. Checked all of the usual forecast sites before making the trek from Rochester. Consensus from my homework was that it was going to be 2 feet waves or less and 5 to 15 mph or less. Wind was out of SW when we got going at 11:30 am. Turned out to be quite a bumpy trip to say the least. Waves were at least 4 feet by 3:30 pm and no sign of slowing down. Made last drift and headed back in to Terra Firma (firm ground!!). Ended up with 8 walleye from 16 to 20 inches. Fished in 55 to 65 fow to the west. Decent numbers still there. Hope the front coming this Friday and Saturday does not scatter them or send them west to Ohio?

Well I was back out yesterday 9/18 out of Sturgeon Point. Checked all of the usual forecast sites before making the trek from Rochester. Consensus from my homework was that it was going to be 2 feet waves or less and 5 to 15 mph or less. Wind was out of SW when we got going at 11:30 am. Turned out to be quite a bumpy trip to say the least. Waves were at least 4 feet by 3:30 pm and no sign of slowing down. Made last drift and headed back in to Terra Firma (firm ground!!). Ended up with 8 walleye from 16 to 20 inches. Fished in 55 to 65 fow to the west. Decent numbers still there. Hope the front coming this Friday and Saturday does not scatter them or send them west to Ohio?
Can't fish that lake with a south west wind. Limited both days over the weekend. Lot of eaters. A few big cows return to the lake

Sent from my E6810 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Took six fish today 10 miles out of Buffalo. 57 FOW close to the line. First line in at 11:38. Last fish boated at 1:28. Renosky purple pink frog on dipsies set at 3 and 110 feet back took five. Rianbow leopard off the rigger took one 35 feet down. Marked fish from 30' to the bottom. Wish this weather pattern wasn't changing. Gonna shake that lake up for a few days.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics