Walleye Western Lake Erie Fishing Report 3/27/16

Repeat customers, Jeff Smith, and his friend, Don, met me at my house this morning at 6:30. They drove down from Michigan, and were hungry, so after stopping to top off the gas tank in the Ranger, we headed to Boppers for some breakfast.

Since it is Easter Sunday, I figured Catawba would be relatively slow traffic-wise, so we launched there this morning. I was right, and the parking lot was only half full, compared to the jam packed lot it usually is on the nice weekends.

We headed out to the area between D can and Niagara Reef, and started setting baits out. We began with Bandits on one side and Deep Husky Jerks on the other side. Jeff, who was setting the Bandits, was putting his second one out when the first Off Shore board went back...fish on! Woot! Woot! That's how I like to start a trip!

After the second Bandit caught a fish, we switched up to running both sides with Bandits at 45-55 back. The "Green Clown", (which I keep calling "Cheap Sunglasses"), Blue/Chrome, and Fire Tiger were our best colors. Speed was set at 1.4, but as the waves were building, the boat was surging between 1.2 and 1.6mph.
We made one long pass and caught 11. We decided to go back up for one more fish, where the marks were more prevalent, and caught the 12th fish within 10 minutes of setting lines out again.

The guys said they needed to get back to MI for their Easter dinners with their families, so we headed in.  It was a very fun morning on the water today, and that makes me happy. :)

A father and his two sons will join me on my next adventure on Tuesday, so....

Stay tuned...

Capt Juls

March 27 2016  Jeff and DonIMG_5700.jpg

March 27 2016  Jeff and DonIMG_5702.jpg

Thanks for the come back....wasn't sure if Western Basin Reports would fly here. :)

I'll post more as I get out...nothing now until Tuesday...hopefully...weather permitting. Snowing here tonight....ugh... :)

Juls

Will do Fishkiller16. I'll just make it a habit of posting my blog's fishing reports here too.  If this weather ever straightens out, I'm scheduled to be on the water every day until mid-June right now. ;)

Thanks,

Juls

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics